Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yardage is a volume number and can be highly misleading. Efficiency matters. Howard is a great example of that too. 

2016: 252 carries for 1313 yards 

2018: 250 carries for 935 yards 

I'm tiring of Howard talk, so I may not enter any more discussions on him after this. But, I have to ask--why are the seasons the same, as far as base comparisons go? 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm tiring of Howard talk, so I may not enter any more discussions on him after this. But, I have to ask--why are the seasons the same, as far as base comparisons go? 

They’re not the same. It was a point about efficiency and, most specifically, Howard’s lack of it since his rookie year. The point was that he had the same volume in terms of opportunities to produce in both scenarios and in one season he made a lot of his opportunities while in the other he pissed down his leg much of the time. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They’re not the same. It was a point about efficiency and, most specifically, Howard’s lack of it since his rookie year. The point was that he had the same volume in terms of opportunities to produce in both scenarios and in one season he made a lot of his opportunities while in the other he pissed down his leg much of the time. 

He seriously might just be on the decline. I know that is crazy for a 24 year old, but he is a big back who had 0 speed to spare.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He seriously might just be on the decline. I know that is crazy for a 24 year old, but he is a big back who had 0 speed to spare.

It’s certainly possible. He’s had 1382 touches the last 5 seasons. That’s a lot. For comparison, Mark Ingram has 1623 in the past 8 years. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I disagree that we need to keep him on the roster until we add another guy physically capable of handling 15-20 carries per week.

And I see it differently so this is where we end our debate because it's become circular.  We won't agree on this so why carry on?

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

We can not let him get off of town. He's a must sign. Is there a table I can pound?

Not if he's looking for a deal like GB gave Amos.

You may not like Bush and even I don't completely trust Bush but the kid is in his contact year and there's a huge difference between paying him $720K and signing Ha Ha if he wants $9-$10 mil a year.

I'd prefer to spend that on another pass rusher and not even that much.

5 minutes ago, soulman said:

Not if he's looking for a deal like GB gave Amos.

You may not like Bush and even I don't completely trust Bush but the kid is in his contact year and there's a huge difference between paying him $720K and signing Ha Ha if he wants $9-$10 mil a year.

I'd prefer to spend that on another pass rusher and not even that much.

Id much rather pay Haha 10 per than have Bush see the field. Haha is better then Amos. He should be paid more. 

If we need another edge rusher then we need to cut Floyd. 

36 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Id much rather pay Haha 10 per than have Bush see the field. Haha is better then Amos. He should be paid more. 

If we need another edge rusher then we need to cut Floyd. 

Man I'm not trying to be a **** but your ideas are like completely different than everyone else's. Clinton Dix is not very good. That's why he was traded for a mid round pick and not retained by the new team. There are clips all over twitter right now showing how HHCD doesn't want to tackle *at all*. 

And now if they need another pass rusher they should cut Floyd? Huh?

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Man I'm not trying to be a **** but your ideas are like completely different than everyone else's. Clinton Dix is not very good. That's why he was traded for a mid round pick and not retained by the new team. There are clips all over twitter right now showing how HHCD doesn't want to tackle *at all*. 

And now if they need another pass rusher they should cut Floyd? Huh?

If we did sign a new edge.  If twitter says so. I'll gladly trust my eyes. I'm not saying he hasn't played poorly. 

Archived