Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

We might get another bad one, but they aren't paying a kicker.  I'm with @WindyCityon that one.

Might not be right choice, but writing is on the wall with decisions they are making.  

Why I was saying they might keep Parkey since he was already under contract.  If it wasn't a complete lack of trust, media and fan reaction and Today show thing I think they would have.

Agreed.  Unless Gould somehow becomes available and is willing to sign at a discount then I think Bears will take the young approach to the kicking position and let the best man win in a competition.

Just now, dll2000 said:

He is looking for more than you got.

I think the problem with that is if the market doesn't develop in the way he expects he will then be looking for a 1 year prove it deal...where better than across from Khalil Mack to elevate your play again and get a bigger long term deal?

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the problem with that is if the market doesn't develop in the way he expects he will then be looking for a 1 year prove it deal...where better than across from Khalil Mack to elevate your play again and get a bigger long term deal?

Yea that's what I'm thinking too.  Plus Nagy knows him pretty well I'm sure. Could be a really good fit.

I'm in the minority but I like Mack/Floyd and bringing in a cheaper option as OLB 3. I also was a fan of Kylie Fitts (college tape, anyway) but he's going to have to show me more this camp if he wants an actual role on defense.

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm in the minority but I like Mack/Floyd and bringing in a cheaper option as OLB 3. I also was a fan of Kylie Fitts (college tape, anyway) but he's going to have to show me more this camp if he wants an actual role on defense.

No reason to think Fitts and Irving won't both be better next year, especially in a slightly more blitz happy scheme. I'd imagine they bring in another cheap option, too. 

I really like the Ha-HA! signing (**** you that's how I'm saying it) and the Patterson signing.  Less crazy about Mike Davis and Skrine.  Since Pace has technically plugged the holes in the roster, how do you rate our remaining needs?  

For me, it's

Kicker-I do not want to see the Bears trot out a broken man over and over ever again

OLB Depth-Fitts and Irving did not leave much of an impression, perhaps perception is different on the team, but would be awesome to shore up the pass rush

RB-Davis doesn't seem special, and if Nagy truly needs a different kind of back I'm fine with Pace chasing one down

NCB-I think Skrine will be a drop off vs Callahan, but hopefully he'll at least be there for all the games

SS- HaHA! might very well really flourish here, but he also might be closer to the player some GB fans say he is.  

OL depth

What am I missing here?

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

I really like the Ha-HA! signing (**** you that's how I'm saying it) and the Patterson signing.  Less crazy about Mike Davis and Skrine.  Since Pace has technically plugged the holes in the roster, how do you rate our remaining needs?  

For me, it's

Kicker-I do not want to see the Bears trot out a broken man over and over ever again

OLB Depth-Fitts and Irving did not leave much of an impression, perhaps perception is different on the team, but would be awesome to shore up the pass rush

RB-Davis doesn't seem special, and if Nagy truly needs a different kind of back I'm fine with Pace chasing one down

NCB-I think Skrine will be a drop off vs Callahan, but hopefully he'll at least be there for all the games

SS- HaHA! might very well really flourish here, but he also might be closer to the player some GB fans say he is.  

OL depth

What am I missing here?

Still need a punter too.

The positions I'd still like to see us address this off-season (second wave FA and draft): K, P,  OG, TE, WR, RB, OLB - in no particular order. All of those are as depth too, we have our 22 starters pencilled in already. 

Still plenty of OLBs out there, should be able to pick one up for cheap. I'd like to bring in Markus Golden but PFT had an article today that four teams were looking at him, and none of them were the Bears. Still unsigned you've got Houston, Ray, Barrett, Okafor, Lynch of course too.

OLB should be the next target I think now Clinton-Dix has been signed. Highest priority other than kicker and punter.

8 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Id much rather pay Haha 10 per than have Bush see the field. Haha is better then Amos. He should be paid more. 

If we need another edge rusher then we need to cut Floyd. 

Well we got him for far less than Amos or his projected MV.

And as for what I bold faced.

Are you OK?  I mean did you fall recently, crack your head, and have some of your intelligence drain out?

We're picking up Floyd's 5th year option and yet YOU think he should be released. o.O

That's the single dumbest thing I've seen posted since I arrived here and you get no points.....not even for effort.

9 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well we got him for far less than Amos or his projected MV.

And as for what I bold faced.

Are you OK?  I mean did you fall recently, crack your head, and have some of your intelligence drain out?

We're picking up Floyd's 5th year option and yet YOU think he should be released. o.O

That's the single dumbest thing I've seen posted since I arrived here and you get no points.....not even for effort.

You did it in a meaner way than I did, but I essentially asked the same thing to him earlier this morning. I know we all have different opinions, but "they need another pass rusher so they should cut Floyd" is senseless. Floyd's last 6 weeks were better than Mack's were including having their only sack in the playoff game.

Archived