Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Bell just signed with the Jets. I was hoping to have Ingram signed needle his deal was done. Now people who missed on Bell might jump into the bidding war.  

Can't remember who it was but some guy (well, a reporter, not just some random guy) was saying that Ingram is looking at $9m a year. I like Ingram a lot but there is absolutely no chance I'd pay that for him.

If that's BS and he's actually looking for a lot less, count me in.

34 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Can't remember who it was but some guy (well, a reporter, not just some random guy) was saying that Ingram is looking at $9m a year. I like Ingram a lot but there is absolutely no chance I'd pay that for him.

If that's BS and he's actually looking for a lot less, count me in.

Yeah I'm right there with you. Not paying $9 mil to any RB in the FA class but Bell. Ingram I'd top out at about $6mil per year. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

With the Davis signing and Patterson getting $5M to probably play at least some RB and a draftee likely still to follow I’d venture to guess we’re out on other RB at the top of FA at this point. 

Could be Pace and Nagy bowed out on Coleman at over $5 mil just as Philly seems to have done and spent the money on Patterson instead.  He's big and he's fast and if he ever "gets it" he could be a very useful big play guy.  Could be interesting to see him used at RB too.  Still have the draft.

If I've still got some money to spend I'm maybe dialing Justin Houston's guy to see what he's looking to get.  Gotta think Pace is gonna add an edge guy once the asking prices fall a bit.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Yeah I'm right there with you. Not paying $9 mil to any RB in the FA class but Bell. Ingram I'd top out at about $6mil per year. 

RBs are all looking at Bell and overpricing themselves.  Even Bell had to settle for less than Pitt offered him and he blew off over $14 mil sitting out for a year to get it.

Spotrac had Tevin Coleman's MV estimated at around $21.5 mil for a 4 year deal.  Word is he's looking for $30 mil so Philly passed and with the signing of Patterson for $5 mil per it looks like we've decided to pass as well.  With the signing of Davis we have two RBs currently under contract for $5 mil total plus Patterson as a $5 mil giant size version of Cohen and Cohen himself for less money than the NYJ are giving Bell.  RB economics #101.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Looking at what is still on the market right now I am still comfortable in thinking we can still add quality pick ups in wave two of FA.

Lookin' at OLB/Edge guys now and wonderin' what Houston is looking for.

I believe Lynch and Markus Golden are still unsigned as well.

Pretty sure we all told ourselves that this would be a boring offseason, that we'd just be trying to retain and sign lower end FA because the team didn't have many needs etc etc 

Also pretty sure every single one of us has been like "holy **** we could get Collins/Bell/Thomas/whoever!" for about ten minutes each day

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I was just coming here to report this.  That kinda stings a little.

I didn't really want Ingram so I'm fine with this.  I don't think he's really much of an upgrade over Howard.  

I like Tevin Coleman a lot more at this price or less.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I didn't really want Ingram so I'm fine with this.  I don't think he's really much of an upgrade over Howard.  

I like Tevin Coleman a lot more at this price or less.

I like Coleman better too but Ingram catches the ball much better that Howard does and is just as hard of a runner.

Archived