Seven Rounds, Mr Fluffles V1

mr fluffles

7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

With the linebackers, safeties and IDL available I just can't see us taking an OT. We drafted Noteboom last year to be Whitworth's successor and our RT was signed to an extension this year. He could be needed at Guard if we don't resign Saffold but that looks very likely to happen. There's just much more pressing needs and viable players available in the 1st for us. Also comp picks change our draft so much, add's 3 picks. 

Ah I totally forgot about Noteboom.  Might have to change this one soon.

3 hours ago, mr fluffles said:

Thanks, always appreciate your feedback.  Jenkins definitely impressed in practice this week to the point where I am eyeing him for the Bills.  

Another reason i like him alot is i see him as a Center as well and Mack isn't going to last forever.  I see him as a Og for now until mack is done and then can step right in for Mack and know the O-line by then and can take over leading it as usually centers do.  Might as well learn from one of the best in the business for a year or 2 if you can before you take over.   Plus Og is alot easier to find a quality player than Center is to me later on theirs more of them available thats descent.

23 hours ago, mr fluffles said:

20           Pittsburgh - Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State  - Sweat is a hands on the ground 4-3 DE.  He has zero flexibility to be an OLB.  They have Heyward and Tuitt under $C2.  They do not need a DE.  Burns, Wilson Bush, or  Polite are all much better picks.

52           Pittsburgh- Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

84           Pittsburgh- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

116         Pittsburgh – Tre Lamar, LB, Clemson  

180         Pittsburgh- Javon Patterson, OG, Ole Miss

Other than Sweat, you knocked it out of the park for the Steelers position wise.  I even like all of the players.

I think you did a very good job of addressing needs for the Vikings, especially in a 7 round mock.  Both
Tillery and Isabella were good fits.

Picking Bradbury in round one hit the biggest need, but I question whether he is a good fit on the IOL with current center Pat Elflein.  I think both Risnor and Taylor would offer better position flexibility.

Taking a LB in round 3 makes sense with Barr likely leaving, but I still think another OL (Hyatt, Herbig) would be a bigger need.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, mr fluffles said:

Comments appreciated!

13           Miami – Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi State  - Prefer Wilkins re: character issues

48           Miami –Elgton Jenkins, IOL, Mississippi State - Zach Allen I think is a Top 20 talent. I'd be devastated if he dropped to us and we passed on him. He'd be very versatile. We have a cheap C who doesn't stink right now, so Jenkins might be playing OG for awhile, which I'm not sure about.

79           Miami – Austin Bryant, Edge, Clemson- OK

110         Miami- Jared Stidham, QB, Auburn- I'd rather draft a more usable player and wait until Round One in 2020

141         Miami – Lil’Jordan Humphrey, WR, Texas    

176         Miami- Martez Ivey, IOL, Florida - could be a good iOL

207         Miami – CJ Conrad, TE, Kentucky     

Good job on a 7-rounder 

Kudos on going for this. It's really well done.

11           Cincinnati– Devin White, LB, LSU  

Dream pick. BPA and need.

42           Cincinnati – Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington 

Haven't looked into him much, but with Risner, Edwards, and Lindstrom off the board this fills the RT need. 

73           Cincinnati- Will Grier, QB, West Virginia    

Really hate this. Don't like him as a prospect. For now we're confident in Dalton. Grier isn't the type of QB to replace him, though we could look for an upgrade at backup QB. There's too many good prospects left on the board. This feels like a reach. I'd rather shore up the trenches, double down on LB, or just go BPA. That ain't Grier. 

This is all very early, so hats off to you on a 7 round mock. For the Lions, I think there are some changes that I would make based on how your draft fell.

Draft Needs: Edge, TE, RG, CB, WR3, RB2

1) Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson: I can't fault you for this pick. This is a huge need for us. The edge has been an issue for the last few years and it won't be getting better with Ansah leaving unless we add some pieces. We are likely to also address this in FA

2) Noah Fant or Zach Allen: TE is another area that has been a significant issue for the last few years. Ebron didn't have the production one would expect as a top 10 TE. We are likely going to try and hit on this in FA even though it is a weak FA TE class. I would also not rule out taking Zach Allen if he's available here. There is familiarity with Pasqualoni's defense coming out of BC.

3) Blace Brown, CB, Troy: I did like that you tried to add a piece to the secondary with Julian Love. Since we're not going that route here, we'll address it with another pick. I like Brown's size and think he could be a fit as a mid-round prospect. I suspect that we'll be adding another CB in FA to pair with Slay.

4) Beau Benschwazel, OG, Wisconsin: TJ Lang has battled injuries ever since he signed with us from Green Bay. He might have one year left if he does opt to come back. We need to address the RG spot in a big way. If Lang does come back then we have someone we can develop. If not, we have a solid prospect who should be able to compete for the starting spot

5) David Sills, WR, WVU: Former QB turned WR has great size and projects to be a big slot WR. He's not a burner but has excellent hands and is still developing as a WR. He's a guy that should help to move the chains.

6a) Marquise Blair, FS, Utah: Glover Quin is on his last legs. We drafted Tracy Walker to potentially fit into this slot. Blair has great size and range and should be able to push for some playing time. Potentially could unseat Walker and become a starter.

6b) Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia: With Bevell now running the offense, we are going to become a bit more run heavy. Kerryon Johnson was a great pick in round 2, however he has some durability issues. If we're going to be running the ball as much as anticipated, we need to add more guys to the backfield.

7a) Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College: With Bevell's focus on TE's it's possible that we're going to try and hit on the position on a few attempts in FA and the draft. Sweeney projects as more of a traditional blocking TE with some upside in the passing game.

7b) Jordan Ta'amu, QB, Ole Miss: The Lions do need to look at addressing the back-up QB spot. We haven't been able to find that heir apparent/trade piece over the last few years. The Lions have brought Connor Cook in as a potential back up. Adding another guy late in the draft is more likely going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is all very early, so hats off to you on a 7 round mock. For the Lions, I think there are some changes that I would make based on how your draft fell.

Draft Needs: Edge, TE, RG, CB, WR3, RB2

1) Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson: I can't fault you for this pick. This is a huge need for us. The edge has been an issue for the last few years and it won't be getting better with Ansah leaving unless we add some pieces. We are likely to also address this in FA

2) Noah Fant or Zach Allen: TE is another area that has been a significant issue for the last few years. Ebron didn't have the production one would expect as a top 10 TE. We are likely going to try and hit on this in FA even though it is a weak FA TE class. I would also not rule out taking Zach Allen if he's available here. There is familiarity with Pasqualoni's defense coming out of BC.

3) Blace Brown, CB, Troy: I did like that you tried to add a piece to the secondary with Julian Love. Since we're not going that route here, we'll address it with another pick. I like Brown's size and think he could be a fit as a mid-round prospect. I suspect that we'll be adding another CB in FA to pair with Slay.

4) Beau Benschwazel, OG, Wisconsin: TJ Lang has battled injuries ever since he signed with us from Green Bay. He might have one year left if he does opt to come back. We need to address the RG spot in a big way. If Lang does come back then we have someone we can develop. If not, we have a solid prospect who should be able to compete for the starting spot

5) David Sills, WR, WVU: Former QB turned WR has great size and projects to be a big slot WR. He's not a burner but has excellent hands and is still developing as a WR. He's a guy that should help to move the chains.

6a) Marquise Blair, FS, Utah: Glover Quin is on his last legs. We drafted Tracy Walker to potentially fit into this slot. Blair has great size and range and should be able to push for some playing time. Potentially could unseat Walker and become a starter.

6b) Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia: With Bevell now running the offense, we are going to become a bit more run heavy. Kerryon Johnson was a great pick in round 2, however he has some durability issues. If we're going to be running the ball as much as anticipated, we need to add more guys to the backfield.

7a) Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College: With Bevell's focus on TE's it's possible that we're going to try and hit on the position on a few attempts in FA and the draft. Sweeney projects as more of a traditional blocking TE with some upside in the passing game.

7b) Jordan Ta'amu, QB, Ole Miss: The Lions do need to look at addressing the back-up QB spot. We haven't been able to find that heir apparent/trade piece over the last few years. The Lions have brought Connor Cook in as a potential back up. Adding another guy late in the draft is more likely going to happen.

We have the same thoughts on our first and second.  I don't mind Ferrel and would take Allen in the second.  I wouldn't hate Fant in the 2nd but wouldn't love it either but would prefer it to a CB.  I don't mind the rest of the original draft though. It bulks up our D line, adds some DB depth and a late TE flier unless Fant is the pick in the 2nd then switch that to a WR/LB/S.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We have the same thoughts on our first and second.  I don't mind Ferrel and would take Allen in the second.  I wouldn't hate Fant in the 2nd but wouldn't love it either but would prefer it to a CB.  I don't mind the rest of the original draft though. It bulks up our D line, adds some DB depth and a late TE flier unless Fant is the pick in the 2nd then switch that to a WR/LB/S.  

I think there's a very good chance that we'd take a TE in round 2, especially if a guy like Fant, Hockenson or Smith are available. Allen has to be considered if he's there with our DC.

Winovich certainly would be a good pick where he's originally slotted. However, I have a hard time seeing us putting two rookies on the edge at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think there's a very good chance that we'd take a TE in round 2, especially if a guy like Fant, Hockenson or Smith are available. Allen has to be considered if he's there with our DC.

Winovich certainly would be a good pick where he's originally slotted. However, I have a hard time seeing us putting two rookies on the edge at the same time.

It doesn’t have to be everyone drafted on the edge at the same time on the field.  After the second round you are looking for depth, and we need it on the edge.  I like going heavy on the d line and hoping some develop.  I would probably prefer Oliver or Wilkins since we are looking for more 3/4 type ends who can get pressure.  

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It doesn’t have to be everyone drafted on the edge at the same time on the field.  After the second round you are looking for depth, and we need it on the edge.  I like going heavy on the d line and hoping some develop.  I would probably prefer Oliver or Wilkins since we are looking for more 3/4 type ends who can get pressure.  

Which is why I wouldn't be opposed to going Ferrell/Allen if we were grabbing another guy in FA like Flowers. Allen has the size to play inside and out which would be helpful for depth.

However, TE is quite weak in the FA class and we have a huge need already. I expect we address the spot in round 2 unless someone falls to us that we can't pass up.

I don't think we'll add a QB earlier than round 6. They've brought Cook into the mix and there's a good chance that we bring back Cassell at minimum salary.

23 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think the eagles need a corner back our 3 young guys down the stretch played well and we'll get sidney and jalen healthy but byron is good value there. Although if you changed it to Adderly that might be a better pick.

The other picks all look good. Good job. 

I agree. Dre'Mont Jones in the 1st round then I'd trade up for Elgton Jenkins in the 2nd. Kelce has mentioned retirement (somewhere I remember reading it) and the interior of our line could use a bit of insurance for the future. It would also free on our other second rounder to take an RB. 

Go Birds

Mastercheddaar

On 1/27/2019 at 6:23 AM, mr fluffles said:

17           Cleveland – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

20           Pittsburgh - Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State 

25           Philadelphia - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Great job overall.  Honestly the only pick I'm especially not a fan of--based on who else is available--is the first one; Greedy Williams is a bit over-hyped, despite the cool name and all :-D.  Sweat would be perfect across from Garrett--Ogbah is not a long-term answer--due to his being able to both rush the passer and hold up vs. the run.  It would also be nice to steal him from Pitt.  Also, the Browns supposedly like Byron Murphy a lot, so he could be in play.

49           Cleveland – Zack Allen, DT, Boston College    

50           Minnesota- Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

As far as I know, Zach Allen is a DE prospect either in a 4-3 or 3-4 but not a DT prospect.  If the Browns go with Sweat in round 1, Tillery would be the clear choice--great value there.  If they go Byron Murphy, it could be argued for either Allen to play LDE or else Tillery at DT, both big positions of need.

81           Cleveland- Chima Udoga, OT, USC

86           Baltimore- Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

Udoga is a solid value there.  Also, Oruwariye would be nice if we go CB there.

95           Cleveland (from NE)- Joe Gilles-Harris, LB, Duke   

97           Arizona- Te’von Coney, LB, Notre Dame  

100         Oakland- Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State 

104         Cincinnati- Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA    

Seems a bit high for JGH.  Coney, Sheffield and Wilson would all be preferred from a value standpoint.  I could see JGH going a round later and the others a half round earlier.  That said, I would be fine with the pick, as I believe he is going to be a solid pro.

113         Cleveland – Demarcus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss

114         Minnesota- Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

116         Pittsburgh – Tre Lamar, LB, Clemson  

118         Seattle – Khalen Saunders, DL, Western Illinois 

119         Denver (from Houston)- Renell Wren, DT, Arizona

121         Philadelphia – Bennie Snell, RB, Kentucky

123         Indianapolis- Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

125         Buffalo (from KC) – Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State

133         NY Giants - Daniel Wise, DL, Kansas

Lodge would be a solid grab here.  The Browns are so thin at DT that they may double up in the draft.  A lot of these DTs would go a round earlier in a thinner DT pool so Dorsey might grab one for value.  At WR, Dorsey tends to go with more explosive players (Conley, Callaway, Tyreke Hill etc.).  And Mayfield does well with guys who get open--Isabella, Lodge, Hall.

134         Cleveland (from Jacksonville) – Chase Hansen, LB, Utah

Great pick and would fit what the defense is doing.

145         Cleveland- Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State

146         Denver (from Min)- Ross Pierschbacher, IOL, Alabama

149         Seattle – JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt    

151         Houston- Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

153         Philadelphia - Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo

156         LA Chargers - Michael Jordan, IOL, Ohio State

164         New Orleans (from NYJ) - Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

166         Tampa Bay – Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State 

192         LA Rams – TJ Edwards, LB, Wisconsin

Weber would be a great get here, especially for the OSU homers.  There are many solid options here of excellent value.  Any of these guys would be solid here.  Wow, what a deep draft.

Solid player.  A few other options would be depending on what the Browns do prior in the draft.

177         Cleveland- Delvon Randall, S, Temple

181         Baltimore- Gardner Minshew, QB, Washington State    

188         LA Chargers – Derrick Baity, CB, Kentucky

190        New Orleans –Hamp Cheevers, CB, Boston College

191         Detroit (from NE) – Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern  

192         LA Rams – TJ Edwards, LB, Wisconsin

From a purely bpa standpoint, I could see a good argument for Randall.  He gives the Browns flexibility with a third safety for passing downs (most downs nowadays).  I have a hard time seeing Edwards, lack of athleticism or not, falling and falling and falling, but stranger things have happened.  We could use a developmental backup QB as well.

209         Cleveland - Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson   

211         Tennessee – Foster Moreau, TE, LSU

213         Oakland (from Sea) – Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State 

214         Cleveland (from Bal)  - Alex Bars, IOL, Notre Dame   

216         Chicago - Olive Sagapulu, DT, Wisconsin

217         New England (from Phi) – Greg Gaines, DT, Washington

221         Kansas City- Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky 

Solid late round grabs.  Here are some other guys I could see us looking at there.

Overall, other than Greedy Williams, I'm a huge fan of this draft.  Greedy wouldn't be the worst pick, but there are some other players I have graded clearly higher there.  This is one of the best 7-rounders I've seen in quite some time.  Great job!

Archived