2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Medical is a HUGE issue for him, since he's had I think 3 major knee injuries.  But, yeah he's good.  Where he goes is 100% on how the checkup went.

His start/stop in the drill they are doing right now was super impressive. Very smooth transitions.

11 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Greedy throwing in the towel because of calf cramps...

Does anybody really care how any of the top guys do in the on-field drills?  Like for some people it's useful to see how they move around just as a capsule version of their athleticism, but it's not like NFL teams weren't already going to spend a lot of time watching LSU CBs in the context of actual football games.

Like the reason *everybody* always does these is "literally nothing you do in them can hurt you" (unless, you like, injure yourself).

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Does anybody really care how any of the top guys do in the on-field drills?  Like for some people it's useful to see how they move around just as a capsule version of their athleticism, but it's not like NFL teams weren't already going to spend a lot of time watching LSU CBs in the context of actual football games.

In his particular case I think scouts saw all they needed to see. He's fast, long and lean. But hes also flat footed and struggles with short area quickness. 

After watching the drills I'm a little underwhelmed with these CB's as a whole. The big three disappointed me. Greedy showed why he's frustrating, he's athletic but seems to not be all the way mentally engaged. Baker and Murphy looked meh and tested mediocre. I agree David Long and Jamel Dean both were impressive. I liked Oruwariye, Ken Webster, and the Clemson kids too. As a group though, not all that great.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yes. Great example of why is Josh Jackson last year.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

After watching the drills I'm a little underwhelmed with these CB's as a whole. The big three disappointed me. Greedy showed why he's frustrating, he's athletic but seems to not be all the way mentally engaged. Baker and Murphy looked meh and tested mediocre. I agree David Long and Jamel Dean both were impressive. I liked Oruwariye, Ken Webster, and the Clemson kids too. As a group though, not all that great.

I agree. Very underwhelmed. Will be interesting though because I definitely came away needing to look at the tape some of these player like Jamel Dean and Miles Boykin. 

Archived