2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

Left the combine a bit ago to beat the snow.  It was a really cool experience.  Seeing these guys run around with the sole goal of moving as athletically as possible in person was awesome.  The way the top guys like Bosa and Quinnen and Gary and Sweat move is just unreal.  You really can see the difference.

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well lets put it this way. If these guys can't even handle it in front of teams they may spend the next 5 to 10 years with for like 15 minutes. Then how will they handle it with a angry fan from their own team or from another who likes going out of their way to tell them they suck?

Or from an opposing player trash talking trying to draw a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Left the combine a bit ago to beat the snow.  It was a really cool experience.  Seeing these guys run around with the sole goal of moving as athletically as possible in person was awesome.  The way the top guys like Bosa and Quinnen and Gary and Sweat move is just unreal.  You really can see the difference.

How did you get an invite?

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say though, right or wrong, those questions will happen (as you said, not like the 49ers broke new ground in this situation) and a player's reaction does matter. I think Polite legitimately damaged his stock because of what came after, and I think that is the thing to focus on.

No I agree these questions aren’t going away, but I question the value.  

I absolutely think that there are teams questioning a lot of the mental side of the game with him right now. 

As well they should.  I just think there are easier and less contentious ways to do it.

Imo, the easiest way to spot an idiot is just make them open their mouths.  As Polite proved today, an idiot has a hard time hiding his stupidity.

I’m just not sure that belittling a person personally (which is what he was saying, not his game) is bush league behavior from anyone in a professional setting.

I just wonder how many people whom defend these practices would also be ok with their employer grilling them about personal issues? I’m just not sure why this is different just because it’s football, it’s still a job interview.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As well they should.  I just think there are easier and less contentious ways to do it.

Imo, the easiest way to spot an idiot is just make them open their mouths.  As Polite proved today, an idiot has a hard time hiding his stupidity.

I’m just not sure that belittling a person personally (which is what he was saying, not his game) is bush league behavior from anyone in a professional setting.

I just wonder how many people whom defend these practices would also be ok with their employer grilling them about personal issues? I’m just not sure why this is different just because it’s football, it’s still a job interview.

100% agree with you. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

No wonder Sutton Smith got to the QB with that 3 cone. Undersized but worth a mid rounder.

No real surprise, I felt he had those type of quicks, and people thought pre combine he was not an elite level athlete, BS on that one.  As for right now Smith has the 2nd best 3 cone of anyone at the combine minus the DBs who have not done it yet.  He is really more a linebacker than a 'edge' player though but still glad to see him prove he is a solid athlete which is what I thought.  

Maxx Crosby did quite well, is #1 in a variety of drills, impressive kid and has a great build for a DE.  Need to go back and watch him some more, is an interesting talent for sure.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

A few weeks ago, I googled combine tickets, and you can sign up for free.  So I got two free priority tickets for today.  Free parking at the stadium too. 

I was expecting a much more involved process than “I asked for the free tickets and they gave them to me”.

Gonna have to keep this in mind for next year, Indy’s only 2 hours away.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was expecting a much more involved process than “I asked for the free tickets and they gave them to me”.

Gonna have to keep this in mind for next year, Indy’s only 2 hours away.

It was pretty simple actually.  We did miss some of the interior DL stuff because they bring everyone in and then file fans upstairs, but it was definitely worth it.

I drove my dad up from Nashville for a little father-son road trip to watch guys the Packers may draft.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Depends on the job.  I've been more involved in the hiring process at my school the last couple years and I know for a fact that we make a point to see how candidates respond to someone trying to get under their skin... because you can pretty much guarantee that a student will (because some teenagers get a kick out of just plain being Richards if they think it's going to make them "look cooler" or get some sort of leverage).  Similarly, if a a candidate is just going to turtle and cow to the slightest bit of adversity or confrontation, we need to know that too.

Archived