NFC next year, early predictions

patriotsheatyan

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, the Eagles are not "out of money". Just by playing with "Over the Cap" I can get the Eagles to have 30 million or so in cap space next season without breaking a sweat (and I am a pretty sweaty guy) 

People tend to forget how you guys built the "Dream team" when everyone thought you were "out of money". 

Owners/GM/HC's know what they're doing when it comes to $ and know alot more about contracts than any of us do. They find ways to make it work in ways none of would be even think would be possible.

I'm surprised how many people are sleeping on the Rams. We still here y'all...

Young team and coach all in their primes, with guys like Goff still improving and guys like Cooper Kupp hopefully coming back healthy next year. 

I'm not saying Rams are guaranteed #1 but they are definitely in that conversation until proven otherwise. It's Rams/Saints/Eagles (in no order) and then everybody else.

55 minutes ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Young team and coach all in their primes, with guys like Goff still improving and guys like Cooper Kupp hopefully coming back healthy next year. 

I'm not saying Rams are guaranteed #1 but they are definitely in that conversation until proven otherwise. It's Rams/Saints/Eagles (in no order) and then everybody else.

I think the downward spiral of Goff and McVays offense around the bears and into the Eagles games and into the playoffs really soured people, especially when "THAT" is the best you can muster in the Super Bowl. I think they will grow from it, but it might be for 2020. Hangover could really hit them hard after a loss like that.

They like most of these teams have a big offseason to land.

I think silver lining in this loss is Goff really has no reason to stagnate. He clearly has a ways to go to become a great QB week in and week out. To buck the title of system QB.
If I'm McVay I'm cutting off the training wheels and get him to take command more. Learn how to not get so flustered from pressure. Otherwise they are gonna lose to any team who gets consistent pressure.

Talented team though even if the rentals leave, they are gonna be competitive, but should have a harder division next year.

North, West and South are all pretty wide open.

If the Giants commit to Eli and don't draft anyone, and the Skins can't get a QB.
The Eagles should have the easier path with just the Cowboys who kinda burned out.
Dak and that offense are just not consistent enough to think it wont get figured out and dealt with easily this offseason. He's just not a great QB and they don't push him to be one either.

But who knows, we could get into the teens again with injuries and lose a bunch of stars for the 3rd ear in a row. Yea we won a SB one year and arguably finished "5th" as the only team that didn't get blown out in the divisional round. But that's crazy and probability can't keep happening, can it?

My prediction i guess as it stand is

Eagles 12-4 (Healthy Carson shuts people up, attempting to take bias out but they have the easiest division in the conference and play an also weak AFCE and NFCN)
Falcons 10-6 (Call me crazy but like what koetter could do with the weapons in ATL, they sure up the D they could bounce back.)
Seahawks 10-6 (Outkicked their coverage last year and went to the playoffs, takes advantage of the division early from a hungover Rams, and the 9ers and Cards trying to find rhythm)
Bears 9-7 (Trubs showed maybe he doesnt suck in the Playoffs, it continues to build..but they barely repeat in a harder year 2.
Rams 9-7 (takes awhile to find their footing again, can't sting together wins like they did this year. Gets in on the final weekend)
Packers 8-8 (schedule looks favorable for conference win tiebreaker with no h2h besides Dallas, Rodgers is back a bit but that D loses them games.)

Saints 8-8 (The NFC Championship game could be a helluva motivator, or the whining all offseason pairs with a Drew Brees falling off a cliff arm wise like he started to show already)
Cowboys 8-8 (A frustrating team of great wins and terrible loses. Garrett's simple scheme and Dak get exploited a year after cashing in.)
49ers 7-9 (takes a bit, but Jimmy G and the Niners get their store bought team (cap space they need to spend) up and running and miss out week 17)
Panthers 7-9 (Slow start from a Cam-less Panthers or a hobbled one. String together wins but never really land. Play spoiler near the end of the season.)
Bucs 7-9 (Like what Bruce could bring, even if I don't think Jameis is worth putting out there.) 
Vikings 6-10 (What's worse than going home week 17? Being eliminated before December. Kirk proves again why he's not worth the money)
Lions-6-10 (Want them to be better but don't see them trying to be.) 
Giants 6-10 (With Eli, i can't put them higher)
Cardinals 4-12 (Wish I could say running game helps Rosen, but that wasn't Kliff's specialty. Can't see what there is to be excited about after that rookie campaign.)
Skins 3-13 (Just don't have a QB, if they get a Teddy or a Flacco, maybe a few more wins. But I think it's just a flawed staff and especially FO there)

All of this can really change with how the offseason goes, especially with the Eagles.
How do the Saints and Rams deal with their losses. Do the Bears grow or where they a fluke?
What does the new offense do for GB?

It's dumb to really go into at this point, but that's what I can see happening without knowing that stuff.

whichever team foles goes to will beat brady in the superbowl.

I can see the falcons with a strong push. Saints will be in the mix as long as brees is on the field. I really feel like seattle learns from their mistakes and creates a more balanced offense.

1st uneducated guess is

1) Bears

2) 49ers

3) Falcons

4) Eagles

5) Rams

6) Saints

The Bears got a taste of the playoffs and have an elite defense. The 49ers will be my surprise team of the NFC if Jimmy G stays healthy. The Falcons have a great offense and get their defensive starters back healthy. Wentz will bounce back for the Eagles. Rams and Saints are probably the most talented teams in the NFC but mental fatigue off disappointing losses to end the season will play a factor. They'll still make the playoffs due to their roster though.

Not to suck my own **** but things are looking good for Chicago especially if we can keep Amos and bring in Kareem Hunt. The best case scenario happened for us this year. We were competitive and made it to the playoffs without making it to the big show which we weren’t at all ready for as an offense. Things like that can kill a team’s steam and confidence imo. We’ll be another year into Nagy and the offense will have another season to gel and hopefully excel. Assuming our defense is anywhere near as good as it was this season I think we’re going to be a real tough cookie. 

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

NFCW will have 4 teams with winning records..

NFCN will have none. 

NFCE Eagles will bounce back big season.

NFCS might be Falcons or Tampa finally...

So the winner of the NFCN will have a losing record?  ;)

7 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Goff better improve big time if you want to have another shot at the SB.

Archived