NFC next year, early predictions

patriotsheatyan

1. Eagles - healthy Wentz and the 2nd best coach in the NFL with a talented team

2. Vikings - Something tells me Kirk Cousins goes off next year

3. Rams - McVay is a genius...........but Goff is his achilles heal

4. Falcons I think falcons take the division.. they got unlucky with injuries..

5. Seahawks Wilson is one of the better qbs but they always seem to start slow so i dont think they'll compete for the top seeds but will make postseason

6. Saints . Brees didn't look like brees toward the latter part of the 2018 season but the team is too talented to not make playoffs

I don't see any reason why the Seahawks wouldn't be somewhere near the favorites, along with the Saints. They were basically rebuilding this year and made the playoffs. They should be actually a better team next year (unless massive injuries) whereas the Saints and Rams probably won't be as good as they were this year.

Rams are going to once again be either the 1 or 2 seed.

They have the ability for one more year to bring back Suh, while signing Fowler if the price is right and they still have Peters on his rookie deal and Talib has 1 more year left on his deal. I dont think Suh leaves because he knows how close he was and I think he wants one more crack at it with the Rams. I also dont see Whitworth or Sullivan retiring because they too know how close they were. The Rams I believe is going to resign Anderson just because they are losing Brown to FA. Gurley and Anderson as 1-2 will allow both to stay fresh. Kupp will be coming back and he is really Goff safety blanket like Edelman is to Brady. So now they Rams have their 3 WRs back on the field to be explosive again. I expect the Rams to move on from Barron, possibly trade Higbee (rumors the Vikings offered a draft pick for him last offseason) and feature Everett full time, and get an upgrade a Linebacker and its going to be interesting to see what they do with Joyner. So I think the Rams will certainly be hungry with practically the same roster with getting Kupp back on offense and they are going to be dangerous.

Other teams I think the Saints will be back, I really like the Falcons and Eagles. Im not counting out the Seahawks with Wilson. I think the Bears take a step back but I want to see how the Vikings do year 2 with Cousins and finally a full healthy season with Cook running the football. Although Im still going to bet on ARod and the Packers in the NFCN. 

Early NFC seeding for 2019

1 Rams

2 Eagles

3 Saints

4 Packers

5 Falcons

6 Seahawks

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you mean elite starting qb the last two years lets not even pretend he didnt deserve mvp over brady last season.

He didn't and he hasn't played a full season in 2 years. If he misses more time next year you're done. 

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

He didn't and he hasn't played a full season in 2 years. If he misses more time next year you're done. 

Lets hope he can get back to his dominating self.. hes a stud player and agreat person so he doesn't deserve the injury prone label. Hopefully he'll be fine next season

11 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

1. Eagles - healthy Wentz and the 2nd best coach in the NFL with a talented team

2. Vikings - Something tells me Kirk Cousins goes off next year

3. Rams - McVay is a genius...........but Goff is his achilles heal

4. Falcons I think falcons take the division.. they got unlucky with injuries..

5. Seahawks Wilson is one of the better qbs but they always seem to start slow so i dont think they'll compete for the top seeds but will make postseason

6. Saints . Brees didn't look like brees toward the latter part of the 2018 season but the team is too talented to not make playoffs

giphy.webp

What's his record against winning teams again?

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The Saints, Bears, and Eagles are out of money,

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The Saints, Bears, and Cowboys are all without first round picks

A first round pick is not a necessity for the Bears.So I'm not sure how this matters.

Free agency and first round picks are used to fill immediate holes at starter positions and all but two of the Bears starters will be back next season. All of which performed well enough to keep their starting positions. This is ofcourse barring any major trade or injury. NB and SS are still up in the air.

I would be perfectly fine with the same lineup as last season. The Bears only need depth which is found in later rounds and cheap FA pickups.

QB: Mitch Trubisky (Signed through 2020)
RB: Jordan Howard (Signed through 2019)
RB: Tarik Cohen (Signed through 2020)
TE: Trey Burton (Signed through 2021)
TE: Adam Shaheen (Signed through 2020) 
WR: Allen Robinson  (Signed through 2020)
WR: Anthony Miller (Signed through 2021) 
WR: Taylor Gabriel (Signed through 2021)
LT: Charles Leno (Signed throguh 2021)
LG: James Daniels (Signed through 2021)
C: Cody Whitehair (Signed through 2019)
RG: Kyle Long (Signed through 2021)
RT: Bobbie Massie (Signed through 2022)

DT: Akiem Hicks (Signed throguh 2021)
NT: Eddie Goldman (Signed through 2022)
NT: Bilal Nichols (Signed through 2021) 
DT: Jonathan Bullard (Signed through 2019)
LB: Khalil Mack (Signed through 2024)
LB: Danny Trevathan (Signed through 2019)
LB: Roquan Smith (Signed through 2021)
LB: Leonard Floyd (Signed through 2019) 
CB: Kyle Fuller Signed through 2021)
CB: Prince Amakumara (signed through 2020)
CB: Kevin Tolliver (Signed through 2020)
NB: Sherrik McMannis (signed through 2019)
S: Eddie Jackson (Signed through 2020)
S: Deon Bush (Signed through 2019)

Archived