Was Super Bowl LIII "boring"?

Tetsujin

Was the Super Bowl "boring"?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Super Bowl "boring"?

• Yes, kinda
    • No!

I liked it... the Defensive Line of both teams brought it!
Im not going to be one of those guys that say "i like defensive games... but thought it was boring" because anyone that have said that cant reference a game like that within the last 5 years. If they can I dare them to state a couple... and a couple that they though "was entertaining" I doubt they can.  Fans are brutal like that. I simply dare them to do that.  Guarantee you they cant. 

Either way... I thought it was close... and that 1 play could determine the game... 1 play did... and it was the bomb to Gronk.  Like KellChippy said... "it wasn’t boring to me. Every drive was tense because a touchdown seemed like it would end the game."

I simply guarantee you they cant name 5 "defensive struggle" games within the last 2 years.  Even though people say they love "defensive struggles" 

1 hour ago, dosbox said:

I liked it... the Defensive Line of both teams brought it!
Im not going to be one of those guys that say "i like defensive games... but thought it was boring" because anyone that have said that cant reference a game like that within the last 5 years. If they can I dare them to state a couple... and a couple that they though "was entertaining" I doubt they can.  Fans are brutal like that. I simply dare them to do that.  Guarantee you they cant. 

Bears vs Rams, and Bears vs the Eagles in the playoffs were both defensive driven games that were actually entertaining. So there’s your couple, and they were from this year, let alone how many could be found going back 5 years if anyone put any effort into thinking about it. Jacksonville and Minnesota had several last year too.

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Bears vs Rams, and Bears vs the Eagles in the playoffs were both defensive driven games that were actually entertaining. So there’s your couple, and they were from this year, let alone how many could be found going back 5 years if anyone put any effort into thinking about it.

Oh I agree. I liked both those games... but thats just 2 within the last 5 years... most posters couldnt name more than that... and thats what disgusting about them... I mean read earlier.... they say "im all about defensive games" but couldnt state more than a few over the last 5 years

Oh and btw... just checked the play by play on the bears vs eagles game most on this forum thought it was boring... your thoughts??

Im just saying... fans 'STATE' they like defensive struggles... but their statements appear otherwise... which makes me believe that  I dont believe that they actually do.. lol fans

24 minutes ago, dosbox said:

Oh I agree. I liked both those games... but thats just 2 within the last 5 years... most posters couldnt name more than that

The Cowboys/Saints game this year was really good too. I also like the Bears/Panthers game in 2017. The Vikings had a few games in 2017 I liked too; week 4 vs the Lions (14-7), Week 13 vs Falcons (14-9), and their dismantling of the Rams offense in Week 11 (24-7, so I wouldn’t call it a struggle on both sides) was enjoyable. I’m biased, so I won’t count them, but there were 3-4 good Jaguars games in 2017 that fit the defensive struggle too. 

Alternatively, even as a Jaguars fan, I know the Wild Card game vs the Bills was boring. Low scoring, inability to move the ball doesn’t automatically mean good or enjoyable defensive. The Super Bowl, just like that wild card game, was just boring.

This Super Bowl was the first time in the history of the forum that an admin had to tell people to stop discussing commercials and discuss the game instead, because no one was discussing it. That’s all you really need to know about how boring the game was. 

This is the 16th SB I’ve watched and I looked over the results and 8 were good to great, 2 were solid maybe even slightly above average or slightly below but not all that memorable for meand 6 were below average to bad its definitely in that bottom group of 6. 

It’s at least bottom 3 and I’m putting the two biggest blowouts Oakland/Tampa and Denver/Seattle in there as well I think I could argue it’s a bit better than those two however being a fan of an AFC West team I sorta got that joy of two AFC west rivals getting killed so for me I think it is the worst even if this game seemingly should be ahead of those and closer to that Seattle/Pitt and Denver/Carolina games that weren’t like total blowouts but just pretty bad but it just seemed like the Rams were so inept on offense for 95% of the game and NE aside from that one drive couldn’t string anything together it was just painful to watch. 

I also believed the Rams could win this game and a somewhat sizeable bet on them and I’m not bitter because I lost a big chunk of change with props and a slight hedge I made my money back. It’s just some teams I didn’t really believe in and it’s fine like I was fully expecting Seattle to win anyways vs Denver. I think that adds to it. 

It just wasn’t fun. 

Yeah it was a boring game to me, there wasn't a single moment the game had me drawn in and on the edge of my seat. Although I felt the game was tainted from the get go and the Rams didn't belong there to begin with. It was a slow paced, poorly played, anti climatic game. Worst I've seen in a long time.

Another thing I wanted to mention. I'm all for defensive battles. I thoroughly enjoyed Denver and Carolina. Watching Von go hard af and make big play after big play was entertaining to me.

Wade and Brady playing chess interested me. It was the Rams offense looking like they were playing preseason ball that made it brutal to watch. There was no creativity or playmaking. It was either slam it up the middle for a yard or two, or watch Goff drop back with bad footwork and throw an incomplete duck. Give me more strip sacks or picks. No one wants to see a 1:30 drive end with a punt 8 or 9 times in a row.

Archived