• James White
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Vince Wilfork
    • Willie McGinest
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Deion Branch
    • Troy Brown
    • Matthew Slater

#1 is obvious, but there's always been back-and-forth about who the other players from the dynasty that are worthy of HOF enshrinement are. I'd like to rank them and get input from non-Pats fans.

The one prerequisite is that in order to be considered, a player has to have spent at least 5 years with New England (therefore no Randy Moss, Darrelle Revis, Brian Waters, etc.).

Great topic.

If you're going off pure talent then it's pretty clearly Gronkowski. But as a Pats player he has missed a lot of games including key moments (like Super Bowl 51) so his rings are a tad exaggerated in this sense.

I look at Willie McGinest who holds the post-season record for sacks and played in 4 Super Bowls for the Pats and was a member from 1994-2005. Then there's Troy Brown who spent all 15 of his seasons in the league with the Pats, being an active member of the 4 Super Bowl appearances 96-04 and technically on the roster for 2007. Matt Light is in a very rare club of guys who started 5 Super Bowls as he was the blind-side for Brady 01-11 and made all-pros. A casualty of 18-1 Light might never make the Hall of Fame precisely because he doesn't have that 4th ring. And speaking of Hall of Famers, Ty Law anyone? Then you got Logan Mankins who is lucky enough to have just missed Super Bowls playing 05-13.... In terms of concentrated great seasons he's up there with Gronk having 6 all-pro selections.

Ultimately I gotta go with Ty Law as he was a clear cut Hall of Famer who played most of his career with the Pats, gotta think if he plays that 07 season.

I know he's probably not the right answer, but Troy Brown was the epitome of the type of players that Belichick has found uses for.  Probably not the most talented, but unbelievably versatile.

Ty Law is probably the best answer.  Patriots won 3 Super Bowls in this span when I personally believe the depth of field was much better in the AFC.

On the other hand, since the Patriots have had Gronkowski, they've made 8 straight AFCG, 5 super bowls, 3 rings.  The one year they didn't, they went 14-2, and lost in the divisional to the jets, a team they beat just a few weeks before 45-3.  Crazy that the only teams they lost to that year were the browns and the jets (I mean the jets were good that year, but Mark Sanchez??).  They scored regular season wins versus both NFCG contenders (and eventual champ packers) as well as versus 4/5 of the other AFC playoff teams.

I voted Vinatieri. He's the guy after Brady and Belichek that I most associate with the Pats dynasty and their superbowl wins. He's also the guy I'm most sure about making the hall of fame, after Brady (not counting the hindsight of Law already making it.)

I think what makes it a tough question is outside of Brady and Belichek, it's really two dynasties in terms of everything else about the Pats roster, staff, play style, and composition. I could be wrong, but I can't think of anyone that was there for the 2004 win and the 2014 win aside from Brady. Wilfork may have just barely crossed dynasties, but I know he wasn't there for much of either. But I think there's a few who could be the main guys for the 01 - 04 dynasty after Brady, and a few who could be the main guys for the 14 - 19 dynasty, after Brady.

5 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

18 seasons of dynasty but only one for the hall.

I mean Law is already in and Brady will be once he retires?  I think Gronk will get in too, none of the other elite tier receiving tight ends were (or are ) nearly as good a blocker as he is.  Maybe  a longshot but Vinatieri might get in too. 

20 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

18 seasons of dynasty but only one for the hall.

Gronk will 100% make it. Vinatieri is the greatest kicker of all time so he will make it. Belichick will walk in. Ty Law is already in. Moss and Seau who played there are in. Revis who won a championship there will make it. 

Outside shot for guys like Seymour, Wilfork. 

Very outside shot but Welker has a small chance for his impact on the slot position. 

If the Hall ever relents and lets Tasker in then Slater has a shot as well. 

A few guys have veterans committee shots also. Gostowski if he has longevity also has a chance to as well. 

Realistically of core longterm players..

Brady, Vinatieri, Gronk, Law, and Belichick are probably the safest bets. 

Archived