TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Here's a real unpopular opinion: I couldn't really get into Always Sunny. I thought it was funny, but not enough for it to stick with me. Does it get better after the first couple seasons?

I like the show.  Honestly I thought the earlier seasons were the best, but it has stayed strong throughout.  If you don't like it you don't.  I think Parks and Rec is terrible, I've never laughed at a single scene.  People just have different tastes.  

Just now, Daimonas said:

Here's a real unpopular opinion: I couldn't really get into Always Sunny. I thought it was funny, but not enough for it to stick with me. Does it get better after the first couple seasons?

Yeah, that's blasphemy.  As soon as Danny DeVito came on the show reached new heights.  Season 3 is one of my favorite seasons of any show.  So many good episodes on it.  

Watch Mac is a Serial Killer, Sweet Dee is Dating a Retarded Person, I forgot if the Billboard episode is 3 or 4 but that's an all-time classic as well.

8 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Most people say it got better whenever Danny DeVito joined the cast. To me, it's really spotty from one episode to another on whether I enjoyed it. Overall I like the series, but there tended to be a lot of dumb episodes.

7 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

You have to go through Sunny in layers in order...there are a lot of call backs and increasing the stakes of how weird and deplorable the gang can get

The middle has some of the best episodes in it, and they've just gotten a little sharper with age what they attack in their way

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Its Always Sunny was brilliant for the first 5 or 6 years but it just got too bizarre to really hold my interest. It was like they always had to be weirder than the last episode. Same reason i eventually checked out of South Park.

south park circled back recently with the added continued narrative structure

The season the introduced PC principal was so sharp 

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Gone back to British talks shows lately. My god they're so much better than American stuff. I miss the banter. 

I like how they sit multiple celebrities down at one time and have a round discussion instead of the one at a time method here in the states.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Its Always Sunny was brilliant for the first 5 or 6 years but it just got too bizarre to really hold my interest. It was like they always had to be weirder than the last episode. Same reason i eventually checked out of South Park.

I 100% agree. Show cranked up the crazy a bit too much for my taste. There are still good epsiodes, but the quality has gone down.

• Like 1