AAF

Johnny Nix

Can't say I'm surprised. Thought they went about it with the right mindset of trying to be supplemental to the NFL, but it seems like they could have used another year to hammer out a lot of logistical issues before launching full fledged. 

50 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So he's projected to lose $70m from dissolving.... how many hundreds of millions will he sell this app technology for in a few years

No doubt a savage move to completely upend a new fledgling league just to get that app. 

3 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Charlie Ebersol was quite the salesman at trying to pitch his product and app for how long? Then we got Dundon who apparently buys into this crap and a month later decides enough is enough. 

It sounds like Dundon bought it just to get the app lol

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

American Patriot League lol

Yeah, it doesn't look too legit... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Patriot_League

Canton, Ohio - Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium (23,000)

Daytona Beach, Florida - Daytona Stadium (9,601)

Houston, Texas - Rice Stadium (47,000)

Mobile, Alabama - Ladd-Peebles Stadium (33,471)

Sacramento, California - Hughes Stadium (20,311)

Shreveport, Louisiana - Independence Stadium (49,565)

Ypsilanti, Michigan - Rynearson Stadium (30,200)

TBD

Looks like Bob Golic is associated with the league, doesn't look too promising. 

57 minutes ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Yeah, it doesn't look too legit... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Patriot_League

Canton, Ohio - Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium (23,000)

Daytona Beach, Florida - Daytona Stadium (9,601)

Houston, Texas - Rice Stadium (47,000)

Mobile, Alabama - Ladd-Peebles Stadium (33,471)

Sacramento, California - Hughes Stadium (20,311)

Shreveport, Louisiana - Independence Stadium (49,565)

Ypsilanti, Michigan - Rynearson Stadium (30,200)

TBD

Looks like Bob Golic is associated with the league, doesn't look too promising. 

9.5K seats for a football game?

Yikes.

If I were the NFL's PR man (Roger Goodell in other words) I would put out a press release paying lip service to what the AAF tried to do, eviscerating Tom Dundon, and promising to reimburse all the AAF players who got screwed over, kicked out of their hotels, and laid off while injured.

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

If I were the NFL's PR man (Roger Goodell in other words) I would put out a press release paying lip service to what the AAF tried to do, eviscerating Tom Dundon, and promising to reimburse all the AAF players who got screwed over, kicked out of their hotels, and laid off while injured.

Why? You're going to ask the owners to pay a bunch of expenses for another league that didn't last a year for good PR? Also Dundon really wasn't the problem. Ebersol and Polian didn't have a solid plan. They were missing payroll after 2 weeks. Their initial investors completely ditched them. Dundon basically bailed them out, and later decided it wasn't worth it. Not a good sign if within 8 weeks all your investors are bailing on you and you can't find any stability

Archived