NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

By the numbers, It would take another 400 "points" to go up to #2. Which is equivalent to pick 50. I think #3 is the highest Washington can realistically expect to go up, unless San Fran wants to acquire assets and take a discounted rate for that sake.

Thats the old trade chart though right? Most (good) teams don't use that anymore, mostly because it overvalues top 10 picks.

Just now, Danger said:

By the numbers, It would take another 400 "points" to go up to #2. Which is equivalent to pick 50. I think #3 is the highest Washington can realistically expect to go up, unless San Fran wants to acquire assets and take a discounted rate for that sake.

That is enough compensation for me, I will give them a 'discount' and let them trade up for that price.

having an extra second and third in this draft would be huge. Having an extra first and third next year after trading a 2020 second for Dee Ford would basically make this be the trade:

Niners trade away #2 overall, 2020 second

Niners receive - Dee Ford, #15, #46, #76, 2020 first, 2020 third

would be amazing

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's no way Washington's 2020 1st is = value to 2019 pick #46. 

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

Thats the old trade chart though right? Most (good) teams don't use that anymore, mostly because it overvalues top 10 picks.

It's the only real public info we have to concrete speculate with. 

Realistically it fluctuates based on the level of talent and tiers. Players like Bosa, Williams, and Murray are viewed as the blue chippers, so the #3 is the cutoff line where you can expect to see absurd returns IMO.

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

There's no way Washington's 2020 1st is = value to 2019 pick #46. 

But that's how the system works, technically.

For each year off, you subtract 1 round. I'm not suggesting in actuality that this is a GOOD thing for them, but based on the system we know, and how we know how it works, that IS the rule of thumb truthfully. 

You subtract 1 round when calculating the value because it's 1 year more to develop, pushing back the progression. That said, I personally give more value to future higher picks than the trade value chart does. But unless we can find a new documented system, I'll speculate with the system we know, and make small adjustments based on the draft we have in front of us and player tiering.

4 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Meh, the rich hill trade chart came up with it's figures based on actual trades to establish each picks values. It's really not that far off from the old trade chart, so it does appear that teams are still somewhat in line with it, though obviously some teams are less so. 

Is there any team is recent history that has been “teased” more with thinking they have their guy at QB the last 6-7 years than the Redskins?

I mean RG3 has a good rookie season and looks promising, then gets hurt and is never the same....in steps Cousins who you think could maybe be a franchise guy, puts up good numbers year after year, but never takes you over the top or beats legit teams in prime time.....then trade for Alex Smith who is good enough to keep you around .500 to 10-6 year in and year out only for him to have a freak injury....then trade for Keemun who you know won’t be the guy but at that point you’re  desperate and need someone to take snaps besides McCoy

I could easily see Synder thinking enough is enough and trading up for the QB they like 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Meh, the rich hill trade chart came up with it's figures based on actual trades to establish each picks values. It's really not that far off from the old trade chart, so it does appear that teams are still somewhat in line with it, though obviously some teams are less so. 

Using the Rich Hill chart and assigning a (2/3) value rather than (round - 1)when calculating future asset worth:

#3 (514)

for

#15 (315)
#46 (128)
2020 2nd round pick (85)

This compensation seems relatively low honestly. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Using the Rich Hill chart and assigning a (2/3) value rather than (round - 1)when calculating future asset worth:

#3 (514)

for

#15 (315)
#46 (128)
2020 2nd round pick (85)

Yeah not happening for so little

1 minute ago, Danger said:

#3 (514)

for

#15 (315)
#46 (128)
2020 2nd round pick (85)

Sorry, my bad, I was looking at it from the 49ers perspective. Values the number 2 pick like 200 points higher. 

Just now, Forge said:

Sorry, my bad, I was looking at it from the 49ers perspective. Values the number 2 pick like 200 points higher. 

Probably bump the 2020 pick to a 1st and then add this years third in as well. If we're going by these values, Washington should absolutely not trade all the way up to 2. If he's there at 3, definitely worth consideration.

Archived