Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I just don't get the Raiders. They ship off Mack and then Gruden says he needs a pass rusher. They ship off Cooper and now want to trade for Brown. Brown is obviously on a completely different level than Cooper but he will be 31 before next season starts and will want a big contract and the Raiders aren't even close to being competitive.

I don't understand this at all.

That’s the Raiders with Gruden for you. They have some idiots running that team.

"I don't take any blame," Brown told Darlington. "I just think I took responsibility for my situation. You know, I didn't point the finger. I didn't make no one look bad. I didn't throw no stones at anyone."

On ownership: "If you work for me for nine years, wouldn't you expect you to know my girlfriend's name or my dad's name or my kid or, you know, would you expect me to meet your kid or at least know you on the level of some sort of integrity to know, like, 'Hey, man, I appreciate what you do.'"

if I'm your guy, make me know I'm your guy. But don't say I'm your guy and then point the finger. Don't say I'm your guy and then don't throw me the ball the whole first quarter.

"I would've liked for me and Ben to be cool. You know what I mean? I thought we was cool. But when I think ... I've been to his house one time. He's been to my house one time. You know what I mean? We don't work out in the offseason. You think that's winning? That's not winning.''

25 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

"I don't take any blame," Brown told Darlington. "I just think I took responsibility for my situation. You know, I didn't point the finger. I didn't make no one look bad. I didn't throw no stones at anyone."

On ownership: "If you work for me for nine years, wouldn't you expect you to know my girlfriend's name or my dad's name or my kid or, you know, would you expect me to meet your kid or at least know you on the level of some sort of integrity to know, like, 'Hey, man, I appreciate what you do.'"

if I'm your guy, make me know I'm your guy. But don't say I'm your guy and then point the finger. Don't say I'm your guy and then don't throw me the ball the whole first quarter.

"I would've liked for me and Ben to be cool. You know what I mean? I thought we was cool. But when I think ... I've been to his house one time. He's been to my house one time. You know what I mean? We don't work out in the offseason. You think that's winning? That's not winning.''

I'm tenured.  I'm a vice-department chair.  I've been teaching at the same school since I was a student teacher.  Our principal (in this case equivalent to the GM of a team) still calls my daughter by the wrong name when referring to her and doesn't ever remember my wife's name.  The Superintendent of the District (I'd equate that to a team owner) is lucky if he even remembers my name and I don't know if he even knows that I have a wife and kids.

I genuinely hope someone (Darlington wouldn't have) followed up with AB and asked him how many times he actually invited Ben to his house.  Complaining that the guy has only come over once if you never actually invite him over is complaining just for the sake of complaining.  Just the way this reads, the concept of taking initiative seems completely foreign to AB.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm tenured.  I'm a vice-department chair.  I've been teaching at the same school since I was a student teacher.  Our principal (in this case equivalent to the GM of a team) still calls my daughter by the wrong name when referring to her and doesn't ever remember my wife's name.  The Superintendent of the District (I'd equate that to a team owner) is lucky if he even remembers my name and I don't know if he even knows that I have a wife and kids.

Yeah, I'd say it isn't uncommon. A lot of places say they are family and some probably are more than others but they aren't family, it's a business.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I genuinely hope someone (Darlington wouldn't have) followed up with AB and asked him how many times he actually invited Ben to his house.  Complaining that the guy has only come over once if you never actually invite him over is complaining just for the sake of complaining.  Just the way this reads, the concept of taking initiative seems completely foreign to AB.

I think AB only thinks in line with how things affect AB. He told his baby mama that if their 9 year old couldn't get on board with acting like AB wanted him to act then he needs to stay away from him. He treats family like business so why would he expect business to treat him like family. Just irrational. It is who he is mentally, or emotionally, though.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

It called leadership and what I sense Ben had none of that. Don't talk ad though Ben had this great relationship with AB but yet they didn't even hang out in the offseason. Ben is the QB and guy who should be appreciative of a guy like AB who caught 100 plus balls in how many of those 9 years together. Don't make it seem like AB doesn't have alot to do with Bens production. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So we're trading picks for AB and then hoping a QB falls to 15? What could possibly use to trade up after trading for AB? 

Drew Lock or Daniel Jones will fall to you guys, and by the time April 25th gets here, more than likely Will Grier will be rumored to have teams interested in the first round. Happens every year.

31 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It called leadership and what I sense Ben had none of that. Don't talk ad though Ben had this great relationship with AB but yet they didn't even hang out in the offseason. Ben is the QB and guy who should be appreciative of a guy like AB who caught 100 plus balls in how many of those 9 years together. Don't make it seem like AB doesn't have alot to do with Bens production. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's AB's job to catch the balls, right?  And Ben was failing to get a WR to 100 catches before AB, right?  Oh, wait, Hines Ward pulled down 81 and 95 in successive seasons when the offensive scheme was far more run-centric and conservative?

This is not meant to diminish AB's ability or accomplishments, but if you're going to be content relinquish responsibility and to be the follower (which his "you call me/you invite me/you do things for me" attitude suggests) then your credibility when critiquing the leadership of others does lose some of its weight.  He wanted respect.  Good for him.  Show it and you probably get it, but he expected to just be given it.  Sorry, but that's entitlement.

I'm not even saying Ben may not have some fault in this.  But to shift the onus solely on Ben and make AB blames, as you seem to be doing, and as AB has done here is just blatantly disingenuous.

27 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's AB's job to catch the balls, right?  And Ben was failing to get a WR to 100 catches before AB, right?  Oh, wait, Hines Ward pulled down 81 and 95 in successive seasons when the offensive scheme was far more run-centric and conservative?

This is not meant to diminish AB's ability or accomplishments, but if you're going to be content relinquish responsibility and to be the follower (which his "you call me/you invite me/you do things for me" attitude suggests) then your credibility when critiquing the leadership of others does lose some of its weight.  He wanted respect.  Good for him.  Show it and you probably get it, but he expected to just be given it.  Sorry, but that's entitlement.

I'm not even saying Ben may not have some fault in this.  But to shift the onus solely on Ben and make AB blames, as you seem to be doing, and as AB has done here is just blatantly disingenuous.

He spoke it on the field with his production. Not saying AB is completely innocent but to me it seemed Even when AB proved himself Ben still believed he was the Only captain. Not true when you have AB and Bell on your Offense. Really Ben doesn't get any blame when both AB and Bell had problems with his attitude and questioned his leadership? They both can be considered top 1 or 2 at thier positions, same cant be said about Ben. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He spoke it on the field with his production. Not saying AB is completely innocent but to me it seemed Even when AB proved himself Ben still believed he was the Only captain. Not true when you have AB and Bell on your Offense. Really Ben doesn't get any blame when both AB and Bell had problems with his attitude and questioned his leadership? They both can be considered top 1 or 2 at thier positions, same cant be said about Ben. 

Bell and Brown can be rah rah guys but they don't really have a leadership mentality. Ben really doesn't either, not a real effective one anyway, but Bell (I didn't know it was illegal to drive while high) and AB (listen or read anything) aren't the most intelligent guys in that locker room. You don't have to be average intelligence to play football but your leaders probably should be. Leader doesn't mean best player. Flip side, dumb guys will use dumb logic to explain why stuff they had a lot to do with isn't their fault. A smarter man wouldn't think about taking no blame, it's obvious there is blame to go around and that guy in the mirror has to accept at least 50% of it and that is being generous.

Archived