Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

Once again... if people want to blame Ben and the organization for certain issues between them and Brown, so be it... but to keep acting like Brown is some kind of victim in this whole thing is laughable.

Ben and brown both have huge egos... And they both got to the point where they clashed, in large part because Ben didn't force the ball to Antonio all year and he got pissy about it. Notice how Brown never bitched about Ben before this offseason? And don't give me any BS about Brown being afraid to voice his opinion to Ben or the front office.

They are both big mouth, egotistical, narcissistic professional athletes who ultimately butted heads with each other. Not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Once again... if people want to blame Ben and the organization for certain issues between them and Brown, so be it... but to keep acting like Brown is some kind of victim in this whole thing is laughable.

Ben and brown both have huge egos... And they both got to the point where they clashed, in large part because Ben didn't force the ball to Antonio all year and he got pissy about it. Notice how Brown never bitched about Ben before this offseason? And don't give me any BS about Brown being afraid to voice his opinion to Ben or the front office.

They are both big mouth, egotistical, narcissistic professional athletes who ultimately butted heads with each other. Not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.

Who's acting like Antonio Brown is a victim?  I recall plenty of people on here trashing Brown over the past two months or so and obviously people in the media have done the same.  If anyone is getting trashed in general, it's Antonio Brown.

It's crazy because, this team in general is just says everything to the media.  Not even including all this Antonio Brown stuff, but when Bell held out, several teammates said opinions to the media that wasn't necessary and shouldn't have been done.  It's just constant in-house stuff that's always getting aired out to the public.  Even the GM calling the other players on the team 'kids' is so stupid.  Like, he didn't think for one second.... "If I call every other player on this team a kid besides Ben, how is that going to look?  Regardless of the point I'm trying to make, is this the best thing to say... especially right now".  Those thoughts never even went through his head.

Everything this team does has to be out in the media.  Private meetings, players feelings, stuff that goes on in the locker room, etc. 

Why is this the only team in the league where this stuff is happening at this rate?

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What do you mean it's not what I said? That's exactly what I said. The fact that you were trying to justify it is somewhat pathetic. He's been a diva the last 3 years it has been a distraction every year for various reasons. But yes, keep blaming Ben and the Steelers for AB being an idiot.  I don't see you going after anyone else for making their claims based on things they don't about Ben and the organization, but because I'm pointing out facts about Brown... You're triggered because you want him on your team... Or something.

Your agenda is pretty clear.

Only one of us is "triggered". I'll let you decide who that is

Muh diva

48 minutes ago, showtime said:

Who's acting like Antonio Brown is a victim?  I recall plenty of people on here trashing Brown over the past two months or so and obviously people in the media have done the same.  If anyone is getting trashed in general, it's Antonio Brown.

It's crazy because, this team in general is just says everything to the media.  Not even including all this Antonio Brown stuff, but when Bell held out, several teammates said opinions to the media that wasn't necessary and shouldn't have been done.  It's just constant in-house stuff that's always getting aired out to the public.  Even the GM calling the other players on the team 'kids' is so stupid.  Like, he didn't think for one second.... "If I call every other player on this team a kid besides Ben, how is that going to look?  Regardless of the point I'm trying to make, is this the best thing to say... especially right now".  Those thoughts never even went through his head.

Everything this team does has to be out in the media.  Private meetings, players feelings, stuff that goes on in the locker room, etc. 

Why is this the only team in the league where this stuff is happening at this rate?

Aside from the stuff between Ben, Bell and Brown, name everything else that goes out to the media.

47 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how you cant even address anything.  Guess you just want to ramble incoherently.   I can dig it.

Ehhh... You didn't really address anything I said and started to accuse me of pushing an agenda, when all I said was that you (and no one else outside of the building) could really comment on what did or did not happen behind closed doors. 

Didn't really seem worth my time tbh. 

Whatever. Good luck to you. Here is to hoping that damned diva isn't on the Steelers come September! 

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Aside from the stuff between Ben, Bell and Brown, name everything else that goes out to the media.

There was the very public break up with James Harrison last season. They were the only team to have reports of a divided locker room during the anthem protests.

James Harrison talked about how Tomlin doesn’t discipline players and instead allows them to cause all the drama they want. 

Brown had a very serious blow out with Fichtner.

Ramon Foster, David DeCastro and Maurkice Pouncey all publicly trashed Bell for sitting out.

Ben made some really Busch league statements about the team taking Mason Rudolph.

Bud Dupree stirred up stuff on Twitter, trash talking a fan and telling the fan he slept with his girl. 

Ryan Switzer got into a public beef with a journalist.

Ben made some poor comments about Josh Dobbs when Landry Jones was cut. 

Ben called out James Washington

Ben trashed Ian Rappaport

AB had a public beef with a reporter.

Tomlin basically admitted he fired Joey Porter because of all the drama surrounding the team this year. This makes no sense unless the drama wasn’t just contained to those three people.

Jesse James called the Steelers organization the Kardashians because of all the garbage that happened in the media this past season. JuJu called the team Kardashians too. And J.J. Watt said the same thing after hearing everything T.J. knew about. 

I'm torn with this entire situation. On one hand, what the Steelers organization from the top (Rooneys) to bottom (Fans) did for Ryan Shazier had me thinking of that entire organization as classy and a step above some of the others. Their willingness to stand by their player and keep him on their roster and the overwhelming support was amazing to see. However, watching them handle the Le'Veon Bell & Antonio Brown situations is almost like watching a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde movie. 

Make no mistake. I don't believe the players are innocent in this, I know they have their faults too. However, anyone pointing the finger at a single party in this situation has got it wrong. No one is innocent in this situation.

I don't think ownership is to blame. The Rooneys do things right.

It's crazy that Colbert even addressed this scenario publicly. Absolutely crazy. He didn't have to and it made things worse.

Diva WRs are supposedly the norm. Maybe I give Brown a pass based on that. Ben is a franchise QB with a couple of rings, and is thus Pitt's defacto leader. That leader goes out of his way to publicly shed blame onto teammates. Don't forget that he's been playing hurt, too. It gives the appearance that he cares more about his personal appearance and legacy than anything else. Fans expect that behavior out of diva receivers... They never expect it out of quarterbacks.

Good leaders solve negative situations and bring players back into the fold. They don't permanently exile the team's best player over a hog measuring contest.

On 23/02/2019 at 6:03 AM, pwny said:

There was the very public break up with James Harrison last season. They were the only team to have reports of a divided locker room during the anthem protests.

James Harrison talked about how Tomlin doesn’t discipline players and instead allows them to cause all the drama they want. 

Brown had a very serious blow out with Fichtner.

Ramon Foster, David DeCastro and Maurkice Pouncey all publicly trashed Bell for sitting out.

Ben made some really Busch league statements about the team taking Mason Rudolph.

Bud Dupree stirred up stuff on Twitter, trash talking a fan and telling the fan he slept with his girl. 

Ryan Switzer got into a public beef with a journalist.

Ben made some poor comments about Josh Dobbs when Landry Jones was cut. 

Ben called out James Washington

Ben trashed Ian Rappaport

AB had a public beef with a reporter.

Tomlin basically admitted he fired Joey Porter because of all the drama surrounding the team this year. This makes no sense unless the drama wasn’t just contained to those three people.

Jesse James called the Steelers organization the Kardashians because of all the garbage that happened in the media this past season. JuJu called the team Kardashians too. And J.J. Watt said the same thing after hearing everything T.J. knew about. 

And this is supposed to be your leader by example lol

Add this : Ben calling out AB's route running on his radio show.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, nagahide13 said:

It's crazy that Colbert even addressed this scenario publicly. Absolutely crazy. He didn't have to and it made things worse.

So much of this.

I've heard a bunch of other fans say 'well he was asked about it'.  BS.  GM's have answers ready to go, and the audio from this feels like he wasn't ready.  Really how hard is it to pass on that question?  I mean its easy to give the 'non-answer answer'.  "I got 53 players, practice squad players, a coaching staff, a scouting staff, and a front office to run.  I would hope in the locker room that the QB is a guy that every other player would look to for guidance.  I can't concern myself too much with one guy with all of that on my plate."

Boom.

Right there you cover that the QB should be the unquestioned leader, but it's up to the players to see him that way, and as a GM you have an entire franchises health to worry about.

Archived