Jimmy says no.

Kiwibrown

ESPN has taken the MTV route for the most part, they forgot what they were supposed to be doing. That said, I think it is a good thing that they would be critical of an organization that is also a sponsor, sure beats never being critical of anything that may not be financially beneficial. So, kudos to them in that aspect.

ESPN pays Stephen A. to spout unresearched nonsense, like how well Hunter Henry was playing even though he was on the IR, how important Derrick Johnson would be to the Chiefs in the next game even though he had been cut a while back, and that Dwayne Haskins is more of a runner than passer, the same Dwayne Haskins who threw for 4800 yards and 50 TDs, and ran for 100 yards. Does that sound like a reasonable assessment to anyone?

Then he responded to the severe backlash saying it was a matter of opinion. Couldn't admit he never watched that kid play a lick. That would be like describing Tom Brady as a Michael Vick-ian style QB and defend it by saying it's a matter of opinion. After that BS, I've sworn off ESPN.

29 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

ESPN pays Stephen A. to spout unresearched nonsense, like how well Hunter Henry was playing even though he was on the IR, how important Derrick Johnson would be to the Chiefs in the next game even though he had been cut a while back, and that Dwayne Haskins is more of a runner than passer, the same Dwayne Haskins who threw for 4800 yards and 50 TDs, and ran for 100 yards. Does that sound like a reasonable assessment to anyone?

Stephen A is into racial profiling, lulzy. 

Didnt he say he was excited t see Hunter Henry play? Everyone was excited to see him play,Hunter Henry would of been too, just the dude had a bum knee, that was some funny shirt. 

29 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Then he responded to the severe backlash saying it was a matter of opinion. Couldn't admit he never watched that kid play a lick. That would be like describing Tom Brady as a Michael Vick-ian style QB and defend it by saying it's a matter of opinion. After that BS, I've sworn off ESPN.

I havent watched in in years, the only pay TV I get is Netflix and NFL game pass. I used to love sports center. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

ESPN has taken the MTV route for the most part, they forgot what they were supposed to be doing. That said, I think it is a good thing that they would be critical of an organization that is also a sponsor, sure beats never being critical of anything that may not be financially beneficial. So, kudos to them in that aspect.

Id agree with you but they were/are pissing money,  Shooting your sponsrs in the nuts isn't the way to run a business. 

ESPN and their partnership with the SEC shows how they typically nuzzle up to entities that benefit their financials. 

They aren't even a news network anymore, as shown by the shows they put on, featuring your typical agenda-based hot-take members.  They spew anti-law enforcement, uninformed rhetoric constantly and in general try to push whatever agenda management finds suitable.  Talk guys that don't conform to the network's political agenda either don't get hired, get suspended, or get censored.  I tune into ESPN as little as possible anymore.  It would have to be an actual sporting event I really want to watch for me to tune into the network.  College football season has even become bad.  Talking heads like Paul Finebaum becoming the face of CFB, hammering home the perfection of the SEC and inferiority of northern football.  ESPN has become almost unwatchable almost 24/7. 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

ESPN and their partnership with the SEC shows how they typically nuzzle up to entities that benefit their financials. 

They aren't even a news network anymore, as shown by the shows they put on, featuring your typical agenda-based hot-take members.  They spew anti-law enforcement, uninformed rhetoric constantly and in general try to push whatever agenda management finds suitable.  Talk guys that don't conform to the network's political agenda either don't get hired, get suspended, or get censored.  I tune into ESPN as little as possible anymore.  It would have to be an actual sporting event I really want to watch for me to tune into the network.  College football season has even become bad.  Talking heads like Paul Finebaum becoming the face of CFB, hammering home the perfection of the SEC and inferiority of northern football.  ESPN has become almost unwatchable almost 24/7. 

My favorite thing they try to do now is push the narrative that NBA > NFL. It’s because they spent a **** ton on NBA broadcasting rights and never show NFL games. Their tune will change if they are able to start broadcasting NFL games.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

ESPN has taken the MTV route for the most part, they forgot what they were supposed to be doing.

giphy.gif 

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That said, I think it is a good thing that they would be critical of an organization that is also a sponsor, sure beats never being critical of anything that may not be financially beneficial. So, kudos to them in that aspect.

Yeah I can’t think of anything I want less than a “news” organization that plays favorites to sponsors

Great post in general.

Yeah, ESPN is garbage and has been for many years now. It's just that they're getting worse and worse over time. They have a bunch of shows with absolute morons like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless (why on Earth people pay attention to these two is beyond comprehension - just ignore them and they'll go away). Then they became even worse when they became overly political. I liked watching things like ESPN News as a kid because it gave me the one thing I wanted - just to watch highlights from the day before.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, ESPN is garbage and has been for many years now. It's just that they're getting worse and worse over time. They have a bunch of shows with absolute morons like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless (why on Earth people pay attention to these two is beyond comprehension - just ignore them and they'll go away). Then they became even worse when they became overly political. I liked watching things like ESPN News as a kid because it gave me the one thing I wanted - just to watch highlights from the day before.

Preach.

Highlights and clever one liners.

They can keep the rest of their BS programming.

Archived