Football Cards

waffles7

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is it still a free for all getting cards at a Walmart? Probably need an insider to know when it will be stocked or you miss out?

Not sure at all. I usually buy individuals or I bid on eBay for blasters/hobby boxes. Could also buy directly from the manufacturer but they sell out stupid fast and you're stuck paying more than retail most times. 

• Like 1

I picked up a Panini Legacy 38/50 Javonte Williams rookie auto (Graded 10/10), Trey Lance Blue Panini Legacy 18/25 auto, and a Cornell Powell Gold Standard patch/auto 35/49. Holding on until they get hot on the field. Using the money to invest in my work. 

Went on a mini-bender for the first time since May and scooped a few more baseball autos/patch autos. A few prospect/rookies and just a normal one that I wanted.

Jarred Kelenic 2018 Panini USA Baseball Stars & Stripes Relic Prospect Auto (159/299)
s-l500.jpg

Jose Bautista 2010 Bowman Platinum Relic Refractor Green Auto (146/199)
s-l1600.jpg

Tyler Stephenson 2021 Panini Immaculate Rookie Patch Auto (72/99)
s-l1600.jpg

Willy Adames 2017 Panini Elite Extra Edition Future Threads Prospect Relic Auto (13/35)
s-l1600.jpg

Daulton Varsho 2021 Topps Finest Rookie Auto (55/99)
s-l1600.jpg

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I bought a topps chrome jumbo hobby box on ebay...arriving next week ha

Good luck. Topps almost always pisses me off with the "hits." Just one big ****ty lottery ticket and you're likely to get a few turd autos. That's kinda why I like Panini better. They don't oversaturate their stock with random nobodies signing cards.

Example is one of my (five) Topps Inception Hobby Boxes "hit" was a Kodi Whitley auto. I'm a big time baseball prospect guy and I was like "who?" At least I wasn't completely pissed when one of the other ones was David Peterson cuz I actually know who the heck he is.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, beekay414 said:

Just browsed some football and basketball individual autos and my first reaction was "holy hell." How do you guys get into collecting them? They are ridiculously priced compared to baseball autos. 

Instead of going into the individuals market, I decided to scoop a few blasters and a mega of 2021 Panini Prizm Draft Picks. If all else fails/sucks, I at least like the look of the product so it's personally redeeming if I strike out.

I have a collection of 30 year old comic books/cards and NFL/NBA cards. Is there a place to go list them all and sell them for reasonable returns?

Obviously there are a lot of places - I guess I am asking - do you have a place you highly recommend?