BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

Items 6 and 15 

Vote No on #6

Vote No on #15

I like having a full draft and needing to do your due diligence in scouting. 2 rounds of PFA is enough imo.

I like how first round picks have additional incentive for a 5th year. Maybe not a fan of the later rounds having 3 years but I do want to keep 1st round picks at extra value.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Items 6 and 15 

Vote No on #6

Vote No on #15

I like having a full draft and needing to do your due diligence in scouting. 2 rounds of PFA is enough imo.

I like how first round picks have additional incentive for a 5th year. Maybe not a fan of the later rounds having 3 years but I do want to keep 1st round picks at extra value.

42 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No on 6 and 15 

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No on 6 and 15.

The only change I'd agree to is making the late round contracts 4 years long.

7 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

No on 6 for previously stated reasons.

@Jlash

15 I'm thinking on pretty heavily.  I think there is merit to limiting rookie deals to 4 years, would absolutely help in mirroring 5th years and 2nd contracts.  Just trying to figure out ramifications for non 1st rounders IRL with respect to RFA.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Can someone clarify or point me to the current salary slots for the draft?  I know we have 5 yrs for 1st, then 4 yrs to a point and then 3 yrs.

Rounds 5-7 are 3 years.

What I would do is let us try trading PFA picks this draft.  If that works, then i would maybe be up for a 6 round draft and 3 round PGA 

I would approve Rds 1-4 as 4 year deals and 5-7 as 3 year deals.  Would eliminate perceived confusion on 3 ups with regards to 5th year options, matching IRL rookie years.  If you happen to draft a 1st rounder who gets a 5th year option, great.  If not and you still want to retain, you will have a new contract to base the 3 up on.

I'm against reducing the draft, it is the best part of this and taking away rounds to add PFAs is dumbing down the process.  This is something that I see as not broken, no need to fix.

Archived