Would Dorsey trade up??? If so for who? And what would he be willing to give up?

brownie man

My friend and I were talking about a player slipping to 17, and I started thinking about is whether Dorsey would move up? 

You would think he wouldn't, but maybe he would we only can have so many rookies. 

In the first round I could see if Quinnen Williams fell to the floor I think Dorsey might trade a 2020 first to Oakland to move up. 

I think it'd be for a great player and would be a fair value for sure. 

In the second I could see us moving up for Dremont Jones to ensure we get him 

I think if Marquise Brown fell to the 2nd we'd trade up from the third

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

My friend and I were talking about a player slipping to 17, and I started thinking about is whether Dorsey would move up? 

You would think he wouldn't, but maybe he would we only can have so many rookies. 

In the first round I could see if Quinnen Williams fell to the floor I think Dorsey might trade a 2020 first to Oakland to move up. 

I think it'd be for a great player and would be a fair value for sure. 

In the second I could see us moving up for Dremont Jones to ensure we get him 

I think if Marquise Brown fell to the 2nd we'd trade up from the third

I could see him trading up a few pots using the 4th or our layer 3rd if someone he loved was there at 12-14

I dont think it is ever sensical to trade up using next years 1st. 

Need to keep the money in the bank.

He's not falling far enough for Dorsey to do anything about it, but Clelin Ferrell would be the feline's fanny. I honestly don't think he is far off from Josh Allen for #2 pass rusher behind Bosa.

Also been thinking about Jachai Polite. With Myles and Polite on bookends we would have hands down the fastest first step in the NFL. He supposedly has a rough locker room character so he could possible slip to 17 without a trade up too.

I don’t think anything is off the table. Trading up or down. If they love a guy who falls to 13ish and think he won’t last to 17, why not trade one of our 3s and another pick to get our guy? I’m not selling the farm necessarily to move way up, with the depth of players we can benefit from. Strategic movement is great though. We have 10 picks. I don’t think we select 10 guy. 

Similarly trading down isn’t out of the question. If future value is there and we don’t see a large drop off to where we end up. If someone wants to give us a 1 for their version of Marcus Davenport, I’d be happy to benefit from that. 

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t think anything is off the table. Trading up or down. If they love a guy who falls to 13ish and think he won’t last to 17, why not trade one of our 3s and another pick to get our guy? I’m not selling the farm necessarily to move way up, with the depth of players we can benefit from. Strategic movement is great though. We have 10 picks. I don’t think we select 10 guy. 

Similarly trading down isn’t out of the question. If future value is there and we don’t see a large drop off to where we end up. If someone wants to give us a 1 for their version of Marcus Davenport, I’d be happy to benefit from that. 

Pretty much this.

We’re in a good place where we don’t “need” anything enough to force our hand, so just take what comes.  If an opportunity arises to move up at a good price, so that.  If someone wants to move up and is willing to give us some 2020 picks, do that.  If neither of those scenarios arise, take the guy you like most at 17.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezey.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honest to god have no clue what people see in Campbell other than his speed.  Dude runs drags and bubble screens.

Because urban likes to fit everyone into his system. He has the Curtis Samuel/ Percy Harvin role. Very hard to evaluate him with urban caring more about his system than maximizing a players talents. Just have to trust that your coaches can work with him and turn him into something more. Which is why he shouldn't be taken before the 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because urban likes to fit everyone into his system. He has the Curtis Samuel/ Percy Harvin role. Very hard to evaluate him with urban caring more about his system than maximizing a players talents. Just have to trust that your coaches can work with him and turn him into something more. Which is why he shouldn't be taken before the 2nd. 

I just don’t see what Campbell brings to the table that Perriman or Calloway don’t.

Well perriman may not be here.

I guess I’d argue if you like speed enough to trade up in the second, why not just pay Perriman a bit more? If we want him, we can afford him.

But it doesn’t hurt to have more speed. 

Agreed.

I think if we trade up it can't be for our 2nd this year or our 1st next year but anything else is on the table. I would be really happy (like doing back flips down my street) if we walked away with Ferrell in the 1st and Jones in the 2nd, even if we have to trade up a bit in either or both rounds to get them as long as it is not the 2 picks already mentioned. 

Archived