2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Damn Raiders gonna make AFCW even more competitive. I think Carr will be playing back at his MVP level play next year with the new pieces and they still have three 1st round picks. Chucky aint playin out here.

Nah gruden is just trying to build the oldest team possible and run it into the ground. Idiots like him don't have any idea what they're doing, especially after firing a GM with such a rich, succesful draft history.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nah gruden is just trying to build the oldest team possible and run it into the ground. Idiots like him don't have any idea what they're doing, especially after firing a GM with such a rich, succesful draft history.

xD

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We wouldn't give up #31 for him.

For most teams I believe it would be a 2nd round pick, but since we are so late in the 1st and do not own a 2nd round pick, my guess is we would have to give up 31. And I would be completely fine with it TBH. Clowney is likely better and more impactful than anyone we would find at 31 outside of Garret Bradbury.

I'm not sure how creative we can get with player/picks and what the Texans real needs are. Josh Reynolds and a 3rd, perhaps? Gerald Everett and a 4th?

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Shaquil Barrett and Brian Poole visiting Cincinnati today. @jrry32

I think both are going to be steals. Poole needs to play SS, but I think he could be a really good player there if given time.

41 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

For most teams I believe it would be a 2nd round pick, but since we are so late in the 1st and do not own a 2nd round pick, my guess is we would have to give up 31. And I would be completely fine with it TBH. Clowney is likely better and more impactful than anyone we would find at 31 outside of Garret Bradbury.

I'm not sure how creative we can get with player/picks and what the Texans real needs are. Josh Reynolds and a 3rd, perhaps? Gerald Everett and a 4th?

I would not be. If we are going to succeed when Goff gets paid, we need low-cost talent. Our picks give us that. Giving up our first for Clowney sets us back in two major ways. I love Clowney, but I'm not giving up the talent and cap relief that #31 grants us for him.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think both are going to be steals. Poole needs to play SS, but I think he could be a really good player there if given time.

Lawson and Barrett on the edge on third down? Oohh Baby.

Poole would unfortunately likely play nickel to replace Darqueze Dennard. Bit of a downgrade but their play style is nearly identical. Would offer nice insurance at safety though.

I would not be. If we are going to succeed when Goff gets paid, we need low-cost talent. Our picks give us that. Giving up our first for Clowney sets us back in two major ways. I love Clowney, but I'm not giving up the talent and cap relief that #31 grants us for him.

I'm in win next year or bust mode. After we pay Goff, the team will likely regress. If you look at practically every team in the playoffs last year it was Vets on team friendly deals (Brady/Brees/Rivers) or rookie deals (Watson, Goff, Maholmes, Trubisky, Jackson, Prescott, Wentz*). Outliers are Russ and Luck.

One superbowl win is more important to me than relevance for the next 8 years. When Goff gets paid, we turn into the Falcons, Lions, Vikings of the world with a concentration of cap going to the QB. Only way that succeeds long term is if Goff turns into a Luck or Russ HOF type QB. Which the verdict is still out on.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Lawson and Barrett on the edge on third down? Oohh Baby.

Poole would unfortunately likely play nickel to replace Darqueze Dennard. Bit of a downgrade but their play style is nearly identical. Would offer nice insurance at safety though.

Where would Hubbard be?

Poole shouldn't play the nickel. He doesn't have the ability to be a special player there if you're going to ask him to play man coverage.

Where would Hubbard be?

We tried kicking Hubbard inside to rush and he didn't look good. He's definitely best suited on the outside. One of Taylor's credos during his introductory interviews was keeping the players fresh with rotation. So I assume that's the direction we're headed. We are deep at EDGE - Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Poole shouldn't play the nickel. He doesn't have the ability to be a special player there if you're going to ask him to play man coverage.

Hey man, I don't make the coaching decisions. I just see the writing on the wall.

Archived