2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

We tried kicking Hubbard inside to rush and he didn't look good. He's definitely best suited on the outside. One of Taylor's credos during his introductory interviews was keeping the players fresh with rotation. So I assume that's the direction we're headed. We are deep at EDGE - Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, 

Hey man, I don't make the coaching decisions. I just see the writing on the wall.

Yeah, Hubbard seems promising on the outside, but I agree that he doesn't fit inside.

21 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm in win next year or bust mode. After we pay Goff, the team will likely regress. If you look at practically every team in the playoffs last year it was Vets on team friendly deals (Brady/Brees/Rivers) or rookie deals (Watson, Goff, Maholmes, Trubisky, Jackson, Prescott, Wentz*). Outliers are Russ and Luck.

One superbowl win is more important to me than relevance for the next 8 years. When Goff gets paid, we turn into the Falcons, Lions, Vikings of the world with a concentration of cap going to the QB. Only way that succeeds long term is if Goff turns into a Luck or Russ HOF type QB. Which the verdict is still out on.

It doesn't have to regress if we don't put all our eggs in the win now basket. It's why we need to build for the future as much as we're building for the now. We'll still have McVay.

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tons of players have been turning down the Jets.

This one seems geography-related. It could have been New England and he might have said no. 

His career does have a west coast feel.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I'm not. The Titans take a lot of players the Patriots want or are former Patriots.

They do, because after all, emulating the Patriots and taking their players/coaches has worked out so well for teams in the past!

For real, I love Robinson for the most part, but he makes some head-scratching decisions.  I'm not a huge fan of any of their signings so far outside of Vacarro.  Saffold is old, Wake is older, and Humphries is a slot receiver, which wasn't the player they really needed in the receiving corps IMO.  Obviously, if they can get out of Wake and Saffold later without a ton of dead money, I'll be much happier with those deals, but until the details come out, I'm skeptical.

Plus I really like the interior OL class this season and they already have an expensive line.

Archived