2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You could do a lot worse than him as a #2. He'd be a big upgrade over Doug Martin and likely replicate Lynch's efficiency at his current age. I think your hate for the guy is too intense.

No he's not a bad #2 runningback.

He's a piece of #2 human, but hey, they can't all be winners.

He's the most frustrating RB in the league because of how much talent is there. However, he simply cannot seem to put it all together.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You could do a lot worse than him as a #2. He'd be a big upgrade over Doug Martin and likely replicate Lynch's efficiency at his current age. I think your hate for the guy is too intense.

He is a zone running back only, really a boom or bust player. 

Last year he, played in every game, had a 200 yard game early, and a 100 yard game, didnt get to 1k rushing. Or close it it. Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is a zone running back only, really a boom or bust player. 

Last year he, played in every game, had a 200 yard game early, and a 100 yard game, didnt get to 1k rushing. Or close it it. Unbelievable.

No he didn't. I'm reading he played in 13. He also had a respectable 4.8 avg and 6 TD's. Hell i'll take that any day.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No he didn't. I'm reading he played in 13. He also had a respectable 4.8 avg and 6 TD's. Hell i'll take that any day.

I stand corrected. 

But in 13 games 50% of his production came from two games. 

If he isnt your lead guy, and if you run zone plays, then is a valuable player on your roster. He was a 2nd round talent that dropped because of charecter concerns and inconsistency. I like him in cleveland. 

He has better hands than he is given credit for also, I like him on 3rd down. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I stand corrected. 

But in 13 games 50% of his production came from two games. 

If he isnt your lead guy, and if you run zone plays, then is a valuable player on your roster. He was a 2nd round talent that dropped because of charecter concerns and inconsistency. I like him in cleveland. 

He has better hands than he is given credit for also, I like him on 3rd down. 

I highly doubt we go in to the season with him as our starter. I imagine either Lynch comes back or we draft someone. We also have Jalen Richard who is an awesome pass-catcher and 3rd down back, so if we do sign Crowell, his role shouldn't be substantial. 

Thanks for the info though.

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I highly doubt we go in to the season with him as our starter. I imagine either Lynch comes back or we draft someone. We also have Jalen Richard who is an awesome pass-catcher and 3rd down back, so if we do sign Crowell, his role shouldn't be substantial. 

Lynch, crow, Richard is a solid back field  I like Richard a lot. 

OverTheCap with an article on how compensatory picks impact the Tier 2 veteran FA's still looking for work

https://overthecap.com/are-compensatory-picks-slowing-down-free-agency/

“All anyone wants to offer now is a minimum-salary benefit deal,” said an agent representing one of the more prominent veterans still on the market. “It’s the same thing from every team – we don’t want to pay more now, and lose a comp pick.”

Another agent said: “The guy who is getting squeezed is the second-tier veteran player. The teams know how cheap the draft picks are, and they can use the comp pick formula for leverage, too, and they know it’s a gamble for the player to wait until after the draft when they don’t count against the formula, because that need might not still be there.”

A third agent said: “Comp picks have become a much bigger factor in free agency. Totally. I hear it much more now than ever before.”

Eventful  month for the Eagles. Howie being  Howie.👏👏

MARCH
  • 03/28

Acquired RB Jordan Howard from the Chicago Bears in exchange for a 2020 draft pick.

• 03/28

Signed TE Richard Rodgers to a two-year contract.

• 03/21

Signed DE Vinny Curry to a one-year contract.

• 03/18

Agreed to terms with S Andrew Sendejo on a one-year contract.

• 03/15

Agreed to terms with CB Ronald Darby on a one-year contract.

• 03/14

Signed LB L.J. Fort to a three-year contract through 2021.

• 03/14

Acquired a 2020 5th-round draft choice from the New England Patriots in exchange for DE Michael Bennett and a 2020 7th-round draft choice.

• 03/14

Signed WR DeSean Jackson to a three-year contract through 2021.

• 03/13

Acquired WR DeSean Jackson and a 2020 7th-round draft choice from Tampa Bay in exchange for a 2019 6th-round draft choice.

• 03/13

Agreed to terms with DT Malik Jackson on a three-year contract.

• 03/11

Signed OT Jason Peters to a one-year contract for the 2019 season.

• 03/04

Agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension through 2022 with OL Isaac Seumalo.

• 03/02

Agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension through 2021 with C Jason Kelce.

• 03/01

Agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension with DE Brandon Graham

•  

On 3/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Crow Richard and a rookie is going to be a good pairing. 

Although if crows problem is the mental side of the game, then he is probably going to struggle in Oakland. Grudens offensive verbiage is notoriously difficult

I have this feeling you guys get David Montgomery in the third. He would be an instant fan favorite. 

I've always really liked Richard and was hoping gruden would be stupid enough to cut him last off-season. He'd be a great fit in SF

22 hours ago, N4L said:

Crow Richard and a rookie is going to be a good pairing. 

Although if crows problem is the mental side of the game, then he is probably going to struggle in Oakland. Grudens offensive verbiage is notoriously difficult

I have this feeling you guys get David Montgomery in the third. He would be an instant fan favorite. 

I've always really liked Richard and was hoping gruden would be stupid enough to cut him last off-season. He'd be a great fit in SF

We all love him. He's so underused though. Hoping that changes.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We all love him. He's so underused though. Hoping that changes.

He's a great cut candidate when Gruden trots Marshawn out for one more year of clawing and scraping every way imaginable to sell tickets in Oakland before chasing greener pastures.

Archived