Some stuff bout to go down?

mistakey

I am a Browns fan not a player fan. I don't really feel bad for Duke being misused here. It would be nice to see him get a shot at being a runner somewhere else but I really wouldn't care one way or the other if he is successful elsewhere or fails. Sorry, not sorry. I care more about how much value the Browns get from him and most importantly if it makes us a better team.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

He was a bit boom or bust as a runner, he could get stuffed easily, but his average was usually very good. 

Yeah he was a homerun hitter. I think his YPC in the NFL is 4.3 and in college it was something like 6.2 which is insanity.

8 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am a Browns fan not a player fan. I don't really feel bad for Duke being misused here. It would be nice to see him get a shot at being a runner somewhere else but I really wouldn't care one way or the other if he is successful elsewhere or fails. Sorry, not sorry. I care more about how much value the Browns get from him and most importantly if it makes us a better team.

Maximising skill players strength does make us better. 

There were games Duke or Crow would look good and hue would run the other guy.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Maximising skill players strength does make us better. 

There were games Duke or Crow would look good and hue would run the other guy.

I understand that, oh my soul, do I understand that one. It is the reason why I left the school I was last coaching for because of that very argument. I was referring to him being traded and the future. The past is the past and we cannot fix that. Looking to 2019 and beyond I am saying I only care about what value we get from Duke and Browns being better in 2019 without Duke, and I really don't care one way or the other what happens to Duke's career anymore.

Maybe that makes me a richardcrainium but I don't know the guy, I never coached him and like I said I am a Browns fan not a players fan.

39 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

QUICK EVERYONE TO THE GIANTS FORUM!!!!!

Elite post and yes, Sir!

27 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bittersweet post that I can't really disagree with. I wish him the best. Off he goes.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like a defensive front 7 player has more opportunity playing closer to the ball every snap to alter plays on a more consistent basis than a WR does on offense. I would value Mack, Miller, Watt and Donald higher than any WR in the NFL all day every day and twice on Sundays.

In OBJs specific case I worry about his production since 2016. His recent injury history and his already displayed ability to be a team distraction. All of which I seem are pretty valid. Its more than just a players name on paper to me, there are other variables.

If you guarantee me he will come in and be a 1,800 yard 14 TD WR, stay healthy and unify the lockerroom by being a leader on/off field--then yeah sure. But Im not confident he will check all of those boxes that are expected given his price tag.

I am and he will.

Also, the argument that an edge rusher is automatically worth it but not a receiver, based on being involved more, well that just isn't accurate.  A receiver has his stat line of catches, TDs etc., but there are plenty of plays where he is drawing away coverage by being a decoy, plays where he is doubled/tripled because of how good he is and thus opening up other receivers by being so dangerous to be left open etc.  An elite receiver must be accounted for on every play; thus, an elite WR does indeed impact every play, as does an elite DE.  All things equal, I'd still go edge above WR, but an elite WR can totally change the game.

2 hours ago, braylon said:

If you wouldn’t trade pick #17 for OBJ you’re WILD. 

Get 'em, braylon!

Also will accept: totally didn't expect a pro-WR comment from braylon.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I want 7 good players not one  or two great ones. 

Look at how new England builds a team. 

Qb then inside out.

The Pats get away with their style because of their QB who is the GOAT and their HC who is a GOAT. We can copy the pats success when we figure out that Baker is truly a GOAT and Freddie is a GOAT as well. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like a defensive front 7 player has more opportunity playing closer to the ball every snap to alter plays on a more consistent basis than a WR does on offense. I would value Mack, Miller, Watt and Donald higher than any WR in the NFL all day every day and twice on Sundays.

In OBJs specific case I worry about his production since 2016. His recent injury history and his already displayed ability to be a team distraction. All of which I seem are pretty valid. Its more than just a players name on paper to me, there are other variables.

If you guarantee me he will come in and be a 1,800 yard 14 TD WR, stay healthy and unify the lockerroom by being a leader on/off field--then yeah sure. But Im not confident he will check all of those boxes that are expected given his price tag.

What Antonio Brown and Levon Bell did this past season are distractions and ruin a team. OBJ has never once did anything compared to those two. 

Why does OBJ have to be the leader on and off the field? The dude just needs to score TDs and he has shown that’s what he does best. I believe every 14 targets in his career has resulted in a TD. 

If you think OBJ doesn’t make an impact when he isn’t targeted then you truly are skewing his impact. A team will not consistently cover him one on one. They will either double him or favor safety to help him. That will greatly help out everyone of our receivers. You have any idea how much better Landry will be going up against #2 DBs instead of #1. You know how much better the Run game can be with teams can’t stack the box at all cause the browns have a WR who could score at anytime when he has the ball in his hands. I keep hearing that Baker and Freddie love to distribute the targets. OBJ makes that even better because now those other guys are going to see even moe favorable coverages. We just saw OBJ be a stud with a bad Eli Manning. Now actually give him a young stud QB who can place the ball any where he wants, he might get less targets but he should be a lot more efficient 

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The Pats get away with their style because of their QB who is the GOAT and their HC who is a GOAT. We can copy the pats success when we figure out that Baker is truly a GOAT and Freddie is a GOAT as well. 

Baker is both a gun slinger and a point guard distributor an, if you fancy him any less and I will get @fauxtayne on the case 

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Baker is both a gun slinger and a point guard distributor an, if you fancy him any less and I will get @fauxtayne on the case 

Archived