Free Agency News & Rumors

RamRod

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Not this year.

Yeah, with the money that's going around.  We'll probably get one of the last 4th's for this contract.  It's possible, if Suh still gets a sizable deal that they lump the two of them together in the equation and award a 3rd, but that may be a stretch considering that the Eagles will definitely get one for Foles, Giants will get one for Collins, Vikings likely get one for Barr, and the Pats (because they're the Pats) will likely get the last comp pick of 3rd for Trent Brown.  Chiefs aren't going to get one for Morse with the Honey Badger signing.  There really isn't a major WR contract out there to be had.  Will be interesting to see what Ronald Darby nets on the market, but he likely gets enough to return a 3rd or a 4th being the biggest name in the CB market and guys like Skrine are getting the money they are.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

With the Bears signing Mike Davis, we should inquire about Jordan Howard.

Considering he's on the final year of his rookie deal, I wouldn't offer much.  They want to do it for a 6th and a 2020 7th, go for it.  But I'm really not down for paying much more than that unless we really think he's going to be in a position to produce in a way that would net us a ROI in the form of a 2021 comp pick.

51 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Anyone got any of them Rodger Saffold rumors?

I think you should probably give up on those. Rumors on him at this point could only be a bad thing for us. If its all quiet on his front that means the interest is less than anticipated, and would be more likely back.

Honestly I think we are fine moving on from him. Id like him back, but I think Kromer knows who to slot into his system so well that the Big Money guys arent needed

Along with the well known option of Ryan Groy, Id also keep an eye on a very versitile guy in Ty Nsekhe who has a history with McVay in Washington, and his age will limit his market/cost

25 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Here’s those Saffold rumors

Damn it. I had a feeling he would walk in FA. I really expect us to be active amongst 2nd and 3rd tier FA's with the remaining cap space. Especially with Fowler's base salary coming in at only $9mil. What are some 2nd and 3rd tier guys everyone would like to see? 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Damn it. I had a feeling he would walk in FA. I really expect us to be active amongst 2nd and 3rd tier FA's with the remaining cap space. Especially with Fowler's base salary coming in at only $9mil. What are some 2nd and 3rd tier guys everyone would like to see? 

Here’s an article w/ some realistic targets

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/12/nfl-free-agency-rams-targets-players/

Archived