Browns trade Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

vernons salary is 5m more than zeitlers, plus we had to pay zeitlers bonus so i dont see how thats possible unless i math wrong

I was speaking above about DePo cutting salary and giving us flexibility for 2020.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Am I the only one that's excited that it's blatantly obvious DePo is the one in Dorsey's ear telling him to trade/trade for due to numbers? We just basically swapped a quality starter on the OL for the DL (and hopefully Corbett lessens that hit) which was an obvious position of need AND cleared cap space WHILE giving us 2020 flexibility!!!!!

I was referencing Dead Cap and going into 2020.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I was speaking above about DePo cutting salary and giving us flexibility for 2020.

I was referencing Dead Cap and going into 2020.

word i was also out until 3am last night so my brain broke

Just now, mistakey said:

word i was also out until 3am last night so my brain broke

Yeah, basically this year is darn close to breaking even but next year we are saving. Throw in the Corbett as the "plan going forward" as I'd assume and I don't hate this trade as much as I did an hour ago. It makes sense.

Great trade. Basically exchanging contracts and adding a few million more for Vernon. By the time Baker needs paying, Vernon is gone. Until then, we have premium pass rush for the next two years.

Corbett steps in for Zeitler. 33rd overall pick, it’s time he plays and he should be good.

Added bonus of a slight move up in the mid rounds.

12 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

There were rumors already about us shopping Ogbah, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone.  But I would keep him as a 3-tech, he played a lot there last year.

Yeah, unless someone is giving us something of consequence (day 2 pick or solid player) is rather just keep him.

That said, I’d imagine he’s likely gone after this year either way, so anything is better than nothing.

58 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I wonder how much longer Emmanuel Ogbah has with the Browns now.

If he has convinced the team that he can play most plays inside, he could have value. Otherwise, he is going into a contract year and has not shown anything to this point that would make it beneficial to let him walk next year for a high compensatory pick. The best thing we could do with him would be to trade him, assuming there is a market. unless he is very inexpensive, which I doubt he will be, I'd rather get something for him while I can.

56 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wouldn’t mind keeping him and making him a depth player. 

He can't really be a depth player when he is a young pass rusher who's contract is about to expire.

33 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

The fact that there's smoke has me thinking that neither of these will happen. Dorsey moves come out of nowhere.

We all heard about Zeitler, though, ahead of time.

24 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Can't afford to cut/trade Willies though $834 in Sizzler gift cards is quite steep.

Great trade. Vernon is a stud and I think he's exactly what this team needs. He was dominant when teams had to pay attention to Cameron Wake in Miami. ow he's going to be doing the same thing here in Cleveland opposite Garrett.

We are 1 DT away from having a dominant DL. And we have plenty of cap space and draft picks to make that happen.

DT

LB

Backup CB

Backup TE

BAM!

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Great trade. Vernon is a stud and I think he's exactly what this team needs. He was dominant when teams had to pay attention to Cameron Wake in Miami. ow he's going to be doing the same thing here in Cleveland opposite Garrett.

We are 1 DT away from having a dominant DL. And we have plenty of cap space and draft picks to make that happen.

DT

LB

Backup CB

Backup TE

BAM!

Yup. Genius trade. Most of the forum folk aren't seeing it as of yet (but they will): Vernon is getting 10 sacks on this d-line at his natural position. We just got a guy who got 5/85 for 2/31--no risk. 

And I'll say it again: the eyeballs say it was always Baker, not Zeitler. I think if Vernon stays healthy, this trade will be looked back as another Doesey fleecing.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

Yup. Genius trade. Most of the forum folk aren't seeing it as of yet (but they will): Vernon is getting 10 sacks on this d-live at his natural position. We just got a guy who got 5/85 for 2/31--no risk. 

Yeah he’s pricey,. It there’s no guarantees money and we have the space.  Ridding Zeitler’s deal covers most of that.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

And I'll say it again: the eyeballs say it was always Baker, not Zeitler. I think if Vernon stays healthy, this trade will be looked back as another Doesey fleecing.

Eh, our OL is better with Zeitler than without.  He’s a good player, but we already have a talented replacement.

I think it’s a lot harder to find a good player at DE than at G, so this is a good move imo.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s pricey,. It there’s no guarantees money and we have the space.  Ridding Zeitler’s deal covers most of that.

Eh, our OL is better with Zeitler than without.  He’s a good player, but we already have a talented replacement.

I think it’s a lot harder to find a good player at DE than at G, so this is a good move imo.

Agreed. Position value is a big one.

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Am I the only one that's excited that it's blatantly obvious DePo is the one in Dorsey's ear telling him to trade/trade for due to numbers? We just basically swapped a quality starter on the OL for the DL (and hopefully Corbett lessens that hit) which was an obvious position of need AND cleared cap space WHILE giving us 2020 flexibility!!!!!

Yeah but the cool thing to do now is bag on Depodesta. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah but the cool thing to do now is bag on Depodesta. 

This.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if we didn’t have Corbett I’d prolly still make the deal.  Guards can be found day 2 with relative ease.

Yeah, I think the rest will come around by tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if we didn’t have Corbett I’d prolly still make the deal.  Guards can be found day 2 with relative ease.

I predict elgton Jenkins in round 2 and a redshirt season before we cut Tretter for 2020. 

Archived