Sign in to follow this  
NickButera

K. Osemele traded to Jets

Going to take Webby's lead on this and create a thread. deserving enough, he was a perpetual probowler and one of our lone bright spots (despite his declining state) on a horrible o-line. 

I like this as it clears up a lot of cash and we can move Jackson back to LG where he originally excelled at.

I'm a big fan of O-line stars. We better be drafting one or signing another younger good player for cheaper than Osemele. I just cannot stand a bad o-line. 

Shall we take another stab at Staffold to replace KO

I think we sold low on him and he will be a good player for the Jets. That said we have too much money invested in both offense in general and offensive line, and if one of KO Gabe and Hudson has to be moved, this is the right one.

Posted (edited)

Definitely fine with this move. Get the 5th back from the Brown trade and it's a pick higher ;)

Out: 3rd (66), 5th (142), 6th (198), Osemele (and his $10,200,000 cap hit)

IN: Antonio Brown, 5th (141)

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

I like it. Clears up cap space. I just hope we upgrade the OL this offseason or there will be a lot of sacks and 3 & outs again.

A year too late imo, this was one of the moves we should have made to keep Mack. Good that we managed to get something for him.

I loved Osemele in 2016. Probably was all-pro worthy. But he doesn't look quite the same recently.

If the weight loss rumors are true I understand. I don't love it or hate it though. 

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think we sold low on him and he will be a good player for the Jets. That said we have too much money invested in both offense in general and offensive line, and if one of KO Gabe and Hudson has to be moved, this is the right one.

I a fine with trading KO and expected them to try but we had no deadline to get rid of him now.  There was zero dead money and his value probably increases the closer we get to the draft and on draft day.  The only reason to dump him is to create space to sign other FA but that would have been easily done when needed.  

Jerry McDonald said it best" "A fifth is better than nothing." Several of us (myself included) were calling for him to be cut. At least we get something out of it. Really impressed with these moves since hiring Mayock. Let's keep it going....

would have rather traded Gabe... KO was just hurt last year, I expect him to bounce back to being an all pro... maybe he was a bad apple behind the scenes...with the cap space better be active

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

would have rather traded Gabe... KO was just hurt last year, I expect him to bounce back to being an all pro... maybe he was a bad apple behind the scenes...with the cap space better be active

Conspiracy theory is he was one of the ring leaders that let the Redskins d line kill Carr.  I have zero evidence to back this up.

Edited by drfrey13