Landon Collins to Washington

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He counts $4M against the cap this year somehow and it’s essentially a 2-year deal that we can easily get out of. Not bad I guess. 

Hmmmm...let's see the rest of it. Going to bed soon (have to be up at 4:30am). But will check Finlay out on Twitter once I wake up.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hmmmm...let's see the rest of it. Going to bed soon (have to be up at 4:30am). But will check Finlay out on Twitter once I wake up.

Craig Hoffman is calling it a masterpiece. Apparently Eric Schaffer is really good at his job. 

the breakdown is actually genius, he makes next to nothing this season and his contract goes up greatly in 2020 when we can use the insurance policy on the smith contract and cut him. Redskins actually did their homework! Now make the trade or two and sign Mosely!

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think a QB is going to fall to us. 

Lol, oh goodie, we get someone's sloppy seconds in one of the weakest QB drafts of the last decade.

This teams front office continues to act like they are on the cusp of being a winning franchise when they're missing all the core pieces.

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Lol, oh goodie, we get someone's sloppy seconds in one of the weakest QB drafts of the last decade.

This teams front office continues to act like they are on the cusp of being a winning franchise when they're missing all the core pieces.

I’m not sure what else they’re supposed to do? They could conceivably trade for Rosen or draft a guy. Yes the front office is dumb but the options at QB were overpay Foles who sucks or draft a guy. 

Even at three years, $45 million, still overpaying considering the player who we had here before was a carbon copy of Collins.  And for $1 million less, we could've gotten the Honey Badger who is a much more complete safety.  

Redskins gonna Redskin.  

Edited by naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Looking at how the contract is structured I don't see how we don't still owe him $11 mil guaranteed after Year 3 of the deal. 

I've got it at $9M after Year 3, in terms of the pro-rated bonus money (or dead cap.).

$3M per year from signing bonus ($15M prorated over 5 years) = $6M after Year 3

$1.5M per year (from year two on) from $6M roster bonus in 2020 ($6M prorated over 4 years) = $3M after Year 3

Most of the guaranteed money in the deal -- aside from the $15M signing bonus -- is probably fully guaranteed salaries (or portions of salaries) in the first 3 years.

Edited by e16bball

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

I've got it at $9M after Year 3, in terms of the pro-rated bonus money (or dead cap.).

$3M per year from signing bonus ($15M prorated over 5 years) = $6M after Year 3

$1.5M per year (from year two on) from $6M roster bonus in 2020 ($6M prorated over 4 years) = $3M after Year 3

Most of the guaranteed money in the deal -- aside from the $15M signing bonus -- is probably fully guaranteed salaries (or portions of salaries) in the first 3 years.

That's what I was seeing too. But others said $6m so I hedged and said $6-9m