Amos to Green Bay

beardown3231

Just now, topwop1 said:

Bears are so screwed when Eddie Jackson and Trubs are up for a new contract in 2 years time.

They better go for broke now and just sign big time players.

I mean...I'm willing to bet the franchise tag gets used on one of them. 

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Bears are so screwed when Eddie Jackson and Trubs are up for a new contract in 2 years time.

Yep no idea what we’re gonna do lol. Definitely in win now mode before everything falls apart 

A very durable player who rarely makes mistakes. He will be missed but not at that price point. 

He had a dramatic improvement last year and this year. Who knows if that’s due to coaching, or a talent upgrade around him.

Are we going to get a 4th round comp pick for him?

9 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean...I'm willing to bet the franchise tag gets used on one of them. 

I could see that, especially Mitch depending on how he progresses these next 2 years and how much he and his agent are demanding in their next contract.

I will have no problems with making Jackson the highest paid safety in the NFL if he continues down this path.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Packers are signing guys and they just paid Rodgers a mint.  Rams and Eagles keep signing guys and they paid a bunch of guys.  

I didn't even know you could create space by converting salary to signing bonus.  Probably a dozen other cap tricks if you really want to keep a player.  Must be what some players mean when they say salary cap is a myth.  

Can't keep everybody, but keep your stars.  Get away from an over paid player a year early rather than a year late.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I could see that, especially Mitch depending on how he progresses these next 2 years and how much he and his agent are demanding in their next contract.

I will have no problems with making Jackson the highest paid safety in the NFL if he continues down this path.

It means we’re going to see higher paid older players start to move on more frequently, and probably some younger ones we’d like to keep too. That’s just reality in a salary cap NFL. 

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Amos is not special ..  losing him will not slow this D AT ALL ..  he is a system success ..  

Hope we can now pull in Ha Ha for cheap & get a little payback  

Ha Ha not really an in the box safety but he could be a decent replacement.

36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not really. There are a ton of players who will be FA's or have 1 year left at that point- Robinson, Fuller, Leno, Gabriel, Hicks, Massie, Goldman- that will be falling off the books.

As long as Pace continues to draft well, they'll be fine.

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ha Ha not really an in the box safety but he could be a decent replacement.

I think you’d get the same from Darian Stewart at a lower price, and he wouldn’t impact the comp pick formula. Now that Amos is gone on a huge deal we want to get that corresponding comp pick if we can. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think you’d get the same from Darian Stewart at a lower price, and he wouldn’t impact the comp pick formula. Now that Amos is gone on a huge deal we want to get that corresponding comp pick if we can. 

I get what you and a lot of Bears fans are saying regarding the comp picks, but personally I'm all for going in on talent that dramatically improves your chances of winning now vs getting a mid round draft pick or two that may help you 2-3 years down the road.

I'm sure Pace is along that line of thinking too.  if he doesn't keep winning now then he won't even be here to see those potential comp players flourish in a few years time.

Not upset by this in the least, it makes sense for us to pass and for GB to snag him.  

He absolutely improves their backfield,  but he isn't a playmaker so it isn't a big deal.  I think this move raises their floor by more than it raised their ceilng.  

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I get what you and a lot of Bears fans are saying regarding the comp picks, but personally I'm all for going in on talent that dramatically improves your chances of winning now vs getting a mid round draft pick or two that may help you 2-3 years down the road.

I'm sure Pace is along that line of thinking too.  if he doesn't keep winning now then he won't even be here to see those potential comp players flourish in a few years time.

Well the potential availability of an extra draft pick is a cherry on top for me (though a definite factor, and we’ve had a lot of immediate and important contribution from our mid-rounders the past few years), but I think Stewart and HaHa are pretty comparable on the field and Stewart will probably cost about half as much. I’ve always felt like HaHa was a bit overrated. 

Archived