Bills Trade LB Reggie Ragland to Chiefs for 2019 4th Rounder

Soko

I'm a fan of this move. All I've heard is that it was a bad scheme fit for Buffalo. And I remember being a fan of his during that draft. And ILB will be a need soon, even if it seems fine now (Johnson and Wilson is a good tandem, but we've had age and health issues there recently.)

I'm guessing for us this pushes Eligwe to the practice squad. Might mean either Mauga or March get cut.

Couldn't at least get a 3rd.  The guy is extremely talented.  I would have given up a 4th for him if I'm the Jets (even though Buf would never trade him there).  Him and Lee could have been a killer ILB duo.  Great move by KC.

Edit:  Everyone says scheme wise he wasn't a good fit but I don't see why he couldn't fit there as a SAM in their 4-3.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Couldn't at least get a 3rd.  The guy is extremely talented.  I would have given up a 4th for him if I'm the Jets (even though Buf would never trade him there).  Him and Lee could have been a killer ILB duo.  Great move by KC.

Edit:  Everyone says scheme wise he wasn't a good fit but I don't see why he couldn't fit there as a SAM in their 4-3.

He's can't defend the pass and doesn't have great lateral speed. 

I think he can do well in a 3-4 and I could see him having success in KC but I think he's a bit of a limited player. Shame to give up on a player so early and one that I though could add some value but he clearly didn't have a future here since he was running with the third team and was a holdover from the old regime and it is better to get something while you can. 

I think it's a good pickup for KC and a wasted pick that we're trying to salvage something from. 

Archived