Jump to content
titans0021

Titans release Josh Kline

Recommended Posts

Just now, dtait93 said:

He was pretty underwhelming last year from what I remember, I see him as depth.

Like some others have already said I see this opening up the possibility of Conklin moving to guard and Kelly keeping the starting gig at tackle. He played really well for us.

I'm struggling to remember if it's true or not, but for some reason I think I remember seeing a tweet sort of recently that said Robinson views Conklin as a tackle. Guess we'll see in time.

And yall are probably right.  I just like Levin, thought he looked good when he played.  I imagine Kelly sliding to guard is more likely than Conklin though.  He's likely to play better further removed from injury, but either way, it'll be a good situation.

Either way, the Titans will have a tackle turn free agent next season that the team will need to shell out for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very interesting. wonder if we look at bradbury or lindstrom in the 1st and move jones to guard? that'd be a pretty nice looking OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t see either one of Conklin or Kelly moving to OG. Kelly isn’t a natural fit and will get bullied by bigger DL. Conklin’s pride is too big to play a “lesser” position. Plus Robinson and Vrabel have already said both are OTs. Conklin needs to have a talk with Saffold because honestly I think his career could go downhill if he continues to play OT. Sure he was coming back from an injury last year but I do remember him getting a ton of help from TEs his rookie year. Not saying he can’t play OT but I think he’d be better at OG.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Gotta really hand it to Robinson. He’s not one of those GM’s that’s too prideful to admit when he’s messed up

Idk that ‘messed up’ is the right wording. We got some good years out of Kline. He’s just at the end of his career now and ceasing to be productive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Idk that ‘messed up’ is the right wording. We got some good years out of Kline. He’s just at the end of his career now and ceasing to be productive. 

I mean we did hand him a big contract last offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Idk that ‘messed up’ is the right wording. We got some good years out of Kline. He’s just at the end of his career now and ceasing to be productive. 

We got some good years out of him before his new contract, but re-signing him to a multi-year deal last offseason only for him to basically get Marcus killed every time he dropped back was def a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We got some good years out of him before his new contract, but re-signing him to a multi-year deal last offseason only for him to basically get Marcus killed every time he dropped back was def a mistake.

Aah, forgot about that new contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t see either one of Conklin or Kelly moving to OG. Kelly isn’t a natural fit and will get bullied by bigger DL. Conklin’s pride is too big to play a “lesser” position. Plus Robinson and Vrabel have already said both are OTs. Conklin needs to have a talk with Saffold because honestly I think his career could go downhill if he continues to play OT. Sure he was coming back from an injury last year but I do remember him getting a ton of help from TEs his rookie year. Not saying he can’t play OT but I think he’d be better at OG.

How you that Conklin pride is too big to play Guard, he seems every bit of a team 1st guy & last I check that’s what John Robinson & Vrabel preach Team 1st guys. If Conklin is smart he’ll accept trying to at least make the change to Guard because He’s coming off a down year & if we pick up his option that’s a guaranteed 9 mill next yr with a chance to increase his value. OG are just as important in football as OT now, do to quick passing games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually predicted jones or Kline being released. I think we’ll target a center in the 2nd or 3rd round to replace jones if he’s struggles in the season, or his replacement for 2020 book it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Levin finally gets the promotion he deserves?  Or do we just draft a replacement at right guard?

 

57 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Levin seems like a worse version of Jones.  No power to handle a bulrush by bugger defenders.

 

Yeah... Levin didn't look like he deserved anything when asked to play last year. He was seriously a downgrade... which considering Spain's play, is saying something.  I'm not saying give up on the kid... but he's a long way from having earned any playing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we drafted Bradbury and Lindstrom in 1st 2 rounds lol

Need dline too bad probably tho : <

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×