Jon Dorenbos Traded to Saints: Now Needs Heart Surgery :(

Nabbs4u

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guess We All should of seen this coming really. No way they wanted the Eagles All Time Consecutive GM's streak leader to of been a Long Snapper. Now Dorenbos and Carmichael will stay tied at 162.

That's some twisted (? ?) by Howie!?

well jon got hurt in his 162'nd game. So he would never have passed it anyway. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, I don't get why we need to select someone with that 7th round pick.

We currently have three 7th round picks in the 2019 draft and they could be used to try and trade up.

It's extra ammo which is never a bad thing.

nah just taking the guys you like in the 7th is better i think. 

Even if Dorenbos was falling off as a long snapper, I would hate this move. Come on Howie, show some respect to the fan favorite who has had a large positive impact in and outside the locker room for over a decade. Not worth a 7th. 

Gonna miss you magic man, hope we get you back on a 1 day contract when you perform your final act and retire an Eagle.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's not stupid at all. It's amazing we got a draft pick for a 37 year old long snapper.

Not sure how you can make the bolded claim either.

Some players we drafted in the 7th round.

CB Jalen Mills (starting corner this year)

DT Beau Allen (key back-up)

LB Joe Walker (back-up)

RB Bryce Brown (back-up that ended up being traded for a 4th round pick which got traded for a future 3rd round pick which ended up being part of the deal to move up for Wentz)

OT King Dunlap (starter)

Going back further... 

Seth Joyner (on the Eagles 75th anniversary team)

Clyde Simmons (on the Eagles 75th anniversary team)

Harold Carmichael (1970s All-Decade team and Eagles HoF inductee)

*** Now, technically only Carmichael was a 7th rounder. The other two were 8th and 9th rounders, but still...

Yes, there may be some hits in the seventh round, but it's really hard even for a first rounder to crack the lineup and it's exponentially more difficult for a late rounder. I believe he should have deserved to retire as an Eagle, especially he just signed an extension. But for every Allen or Mills there is a Jeff Owens , Nate Ilaoa or Joe Krueger.

In the last ten years these were the picks. Coleman and Dunlap jump out, maybe Poyer can be considered a good one, but all of those guys were way better with a different team. Allen is a good player, I think he will command a good raise. Jury is still out on Walker and Mills, McCallister, but the rest of the guys really sucked.

LINK

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I love Dorenbos and am grateful for what he brought to the team and the fans, but there are a lot of people  comparing this to when we let Dawkins leave.

It's not at all comparable.

I think some of that is tongue in cheek lol

45 minutes ago, furti said:

Yes, there may be some hits in the seventh round, but it's really hard even for a first rounder to crack the lineup and it's exponentially more difficult for a late rounder. I believe he should have deserved to retire as an Eagle, especially he just signed an extension. But for every Allen or Mills there is a Jeff Owens , Nate Ilaoa or Joe Krueger.

In the last ten years these were the picks. Coleman and Dunlap jump out, maybe Poyer can be considered a good one, but all of those guys were way better with a different team. Allen is a good player, I think he will command a good raise. Jury is still out on Walker and Mills, McCallister, but the rest of the guys really sucked.

LINK

Especially when it's our team drafting bums.

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Dorenbos >>  Life 

Nobody even talks about the time Jon got the game winning touchdown in the Superb Owl against Washington. Look at this technique. Some say his hands are softer than Charmin Ultra Soft. 4th and 34. Jon long snaps the perfect long snap downfield. People think it was a new way to punt. He teleports to the corner of the end zone for the game winner. GOAT ? 

jon-dorenbos.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

Jon Dorenbos is the greatest athlete to play for the Eagles since Steve Van Buren. I am going to miss his blinding first step, his perfect stride, his grace changing directions, his uncanny hand and eye coordination. 

What are we going to watch now? 

Carson Wentz? Jordan Hicks? Alshon Jefferies? Not the same. Its just not. 

Archived