Titans have traded for Ryan Tannehill

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Don't understand the confusion from some people. Mariota = hurt a lot. A starting QB who = hurt a lot requires a good back up QB. Good backup QB = cost money. Titans = trade for/pay Tannehill.

People are somehow making this harder to understand than it actually is.

Oh, I get it.  But adding an average QB doesn't fix their QB position.  If I'm the Titans and Mariota gets hurt again, I'm back in the market for a QB in the 2020 draft.  Tannehill is a good enough QB to keep them afloat in rather mediocre AFC South.

Don't understand the confusion from some people. Mariota = hurt a lot. A starting QB who = hurt a lot requires a good back up QB. Good backup QB = cost money. Titans = trade for/pay Tannehill.

Basically. It’s an obvious and smart move. Especially after missing the playoffs due to having to rely on either Gabbert or a one-handed QB for a decent part of the year.

1 minute ago, Eagles23 said:

Stud QB but possibly replaced in 2020 🤔

To be fair, I don’t have a problem with that part. Cousins and Foles were both jettisoned by their teams and many would classify them as studs. Though i still think you’ll get an argument on both of them.

Agreed.  Everything coming from the Titans FO for the last year has screamed that they think of Mariota as a franchise QB, and so far, they've done a really bad job of preventing him getting injured, but they have at least avoided serious injuries.  They added a slot receiver so he has better options to get rid of the ball faster, a stud guard to better protect against interior pressure, and a good backup to make games more winnable when he is out/take off the pressure to rush him back onto the field before he's healthy again.

The whole offseason is about Mariota so far.  Except Wake.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Basically. It’s an obvious and smart move. Especially after missing the playoffs due to having to rely on either Gabbert or a one-handed QB for a decent part of the year.

We had to rely on that for a whole year actually. Mariota’s ulnar nerve got jacked up week 1 and it was history from there

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Oh, I get it.  But adding an average QB doesn't fix their QB position.  If I'm the Titans and Mariota gets hurt again, I'm back in the market for a QB in the 2020 draft.  Tannehill is a good enough QB to keep them afloat in rather mediocre AFC South.

I lol’d at mediocre AFC South. Give me a break, that doesn’t fly anymore.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We put you in every position to fail, Ryan. I will legitimately be rooting for you on the Titans. Go show that Marcus kid what's up in TC and win the starting job.

Man, so often good guys don’t work out for a team and the fan base turns vile against them. It’s nice to see fans treat a bad player well on their way out. 

Archived