Chiefs sign CB Bashaud Breeland (1 year, $5M)

RaidersAreOne

If the Chiefs need more CB help, the Steelers are willing to trade Artie Burns to the Chiefs for a first round pick.

....Second round pick?

...5th round pick?

2037 conditional pick?

A used condom and pack of grape flavored Big League Chew?    

12 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If the Chiefs need more CB help, the Steelers are willing to trade Artie Burns to the Chiefs for a first round pick.

....Second round pick?

...5th round pick?

2037 conditional pick?

A used condom and pack of grape flavored Big League Chew?    

...I'm listening.

So he's a solid CB, has played in the slot some but is better outside.  Definitely a better #2 guy than going against #1s.  He's a pretty good tackler and will come up and help in run support.  Had a weird foot injury last year that impacted his free agency.  You could do a lot worse than having this guy as your #2 CB.

It seems to me like it's a good signing for rather cheap money. 5 million for a potential starter isn't that bad and i always felt like he's a good #2 CB. I dunno why his PFF grade last season was that bad, but since grades don't tell the whole story i stay with my feeling and therefore think that this is a good signing for us.

12 hours ago, Pugger said:

I have a feeling there will be some unhappy Packers fans with this news...

I would have liked to have him back but we have so much draft capital sunk into the CB position, we need to sink or swim with Jaire, JJ and King. Plus, using another 5 million of the cap on a corner probably wasn’t practical. 

Archived