Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 3-25-19.

jleisher

Packers are sitting between $10 - 14m in cap space, depending on who you listen to.  So, I went with the $10m.

Tra Boston S  Cardinals  3yrs/$12m/$3m guaranteed.  Cap hit $3m

Zach Brown ILB  Redskins  2yrs/$14m/$4.2m guaranteed.  Cap hit $5.6m

Draft:

#12.  

T.J. Hockenson NFL

Scouting Report: T.J. Hockenson

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Iowa Position: Tight End Class: Sophomore Height: 6-5 Weight: 245 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

One of the best, if not the best run blocking tight end prospect. Sets his feet quickly, and doesn’t lose balance when shuffling right to left back or forward while blocking. Gets his hands locked and is relentless with his blocking assignment through the whistle. Able to find defenders to block at the next level in space as well, and takes good angles to seal off running lanes. As the season progressed, showed off remarkable ability to catch the ball as well, making him one of the most well rounded tight end prospects in the draft.

#30.

Noah Fant NFL

Scouting Report: Noah Fant

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s 2019 Mock Draft

School: Iowa Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 232 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

A move tight end that has the bulk and strength of a blocking tight end. Wins contested balls with a combination of a large catch radius and strength. Can post up, work the seam, and is a major redzone threat. Strong enough to work as a blocker in space and inline. Gifted pass catcher with very good hands.

(Double dipping at TE, get both and the TE position is good for the next 4-5yrs.)

#44.

Bobby Evans NFL

Scouting Report: Bobby Evans

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Oklahoma Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

Still has some work to do with building out his frame, but a big bodied, strong tackle prospect that thrives in a spread system. Works well in space, and capable of getting out off the line to help in a short passing game. Good length and power, and can jar opponents when he just sets in his hips, anchors and drives at a defender. Will need time to adapt to the pro game, but has all the tools to work on either side.

#75.  Trade down with Titans for picks #82 and #121.

#82.

Charles Omenihu NFL

Scouting Report: Charles Omenihu

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Texas Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6’6 Weight: 280 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Explosive burst off of the snap, bringing a big, long frame with speed and power on every snap into the backfield. With his height, arm length and anchor looks the part of a 3-4 DE that can control the gaps around him, allowing the linebackers behind him to make plays, but tape shows the explosion of a much smaller prospect.

#114.

Connor McGovern NFL

Scouting Report: Connor McGovern

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Penn State Position: Offensive Guard Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 326 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

Has played all three interior line positions at Penn State, and has excelled wherever they have asked him to play. Smart and experienced, he quickly gets set and rarely is caught off balance. Has continued to add girth to his frame, and his run blocking has improved as his size has caught up to his playing acumen. Could project as either a guard or a center at the next level.

#118.  

khaleke-hudson-s-michigan.jpg?zoom=0.902

Scouting Report: Khaleke Hudson

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Michigan Position: Safety Class: Junior Height: 6-0 Weight: 205 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Speedster who plays with relentless pursuit. Effective as a free rusher in nickle coverage. Has also showed skill coming off the edge in the blitz, but hasn’t really had to fight through blocks. Strong tackler. Needs to work on his ball tracking abilities. Hybrid role could actually be a distraction as not sure where he will fit in an NFL defense. Need to see more of his skill set in deep coverage.

#121. 

Terry Godwin NFL

Scouting Report: Terry Godwin

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Georgia Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 5-11 Weight: 185 Projected Draft Round: 4-7

Scouting Report:

Probably much better suited to the NFL game than what he saw at Georgia. Runs crisp routes, and knows how to sit down in soft zones and get open. Doesn’t have a big frame, but is a tenacious blocker. Is a smooth runner, and looks effortless when going up and getting balls at their highest point. Could become a key piece to a creative offensive scheme that asks their receivers to make a lot of adjustments with routes.

#150.

Carl Granderson Wyoming

Scouting Report: Carl Granderson

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Wyoming Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 255 lbs Projected Draft Round: 4-7

Scouting Report:

Nimble defensive end that is still growing into his body, after coming into Wyoming at only 185 pounds. Uses multiple pass rush moves, and is learning both how to convert speed to power, and how to use his leverage off of the edge. A potential sleeper prospect that is just starting to showcase his pass rush skills, and that has a very high ceiling.

#185.

Kris Boyd NFL

Scouting Report: Kris Boyd

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Texas Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6’0 Weight: 195 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

A natural ballhawk, Boyd plays the ball as well as any corner in college. Unfortunately, a dreadful Senior Bowl could distract from an otherwise stellar college career. Is physical and gets receivers off their routes. Fights for every ball as if he is the receiver, and has a knack for getting his hand on the ball even when it seems like an easy reception.

#194.

Josiah Tauaefa

Scouting Report: Josiah Tauaefa

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: UTSA Position: Inside Linebacker Class: Junior Height: 6’1 Weight: 240 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

Extremely high character on and off the field, a tackling machine with outstanding instincts. Able to control the gaps in front of him using his greatest gifts on the field – awareness and instinct. Able to follow through his ability to diagnose plays with excellent tackling ability.

#226.

Wes Hills NFL

Scouting Report: Wes Hills

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Slippery Rock Position: Running Back Class: Senior Height: 6’2 Weight: 218 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Has had a long and winding road to the 2019 NFL draft, but finally has arrived and putting up excellent tape now that he is competing with the best level of competition. An extremely powerful back that looks for contact. Lowers his head and does an excellent job of getting his weight on the same foot, same shoulder and delivers rising blows. Despite his bruising reputation, is actually quite elusive, and has agile feet.

The fire Gute sites would be alive and well if we went TE, TE and then T. Sorry man I would be very unhappy with this draft if it took place. On top of that Outpost may be in the news instead of just on here. We need to make the Green Bay defense strong again any mock that uses 2 offensive players out of our top 3 will get a negative from me every time. DT, Edge, CB/S not in that order I could care less but a we need 2 front seven studs out of our first 3 picks.

Wow, that's quite the double dip on tight end … we'd have to use them exclusively; no room for any balls to the wide receivers.   That being said,  with Daniels probably leaving next year a top notch DL is a big need as mentioned in other posts along with another edge rusher sooner.  Do like getting Boston as a safety.   

I would actually be ok with Hock and Fant if the board fell that way but the rest of the draft is crazy to me.

We still need some quality EDGE and DL so if we addressed that earlier and didn’t take a poor OL, SS and WR so early you could make the two TE’s work. 

Now everyone can beat me up but something like this sits better with me. 

12: TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA

30: TE NOAH FANT IOWA

44: NASIR ADDERLE DELAWARE (pro day was good but not outstanding enough. Think he lasts this long)

75: CONNOR MCGOVERN PENN ST. (Needed depth and future starter for the Pack)

114: OT MITCH HYYATT CLEMSON (just misses Packer specs. and future RT also possible ability at OG) Really held his own against a great Clemson DL

118: DL5T JOHN COMINSKY U. OF CHARLESTON (tremendous athlete at 5T and hopefully he can add another 10-20# without losing that)

150: EDGE MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN (tremendous athlete with length and seems to fit the big EDGE body the apackers are looking for)

185: WILL HARRIS BOSTON COLLEGE (speed and range)

194: RB JALIN MOORE APP. ST. (Tough hard nose runner)

226: EDGE JUSTIN HOLLINS OREGON (I’m not sure he lasts this far but almost every mock I see or ranking has him down here)

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I would actually be ok with Hock and Fant if the board fell that way but the rest of the draft is crazy to me.

We still need some quality EDGE and DL so if we addressed that earlier and didn’t take a poor OL, SS and WR so early you could make the two TE’s work. 

Now everyone can beat me up but something like this sits better with me. 

12: TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA

30: TE NOAH FANT IOWA

44: NASIR ADDERLE DELAWARE (pro day was good but not outstanding enough. Think he lasts this long)

75: CONNOR MCGOVERN PENN ST. (Needed depth and future starter for the Pack)

114: OT MITCH HYYATT CLEMSON (just misses Packer specs. and future RT also possible ability at OG) Really held his own against a great Clemson DL

118: DL5T JOHN COMINSKY U. OF CHARLESTON (tremendous athlete at 5T and hopefully he can add another 10-20# without losing that)

150: EDGE MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN (tremendous athlete with length and seems to fit the big EDGE body the apackers are looking for)

185: WILL HARRIS BOSTON COLLEGE (speed and range)

194: RB JALIN MOORE APP. ST. (Tough hard nose runner)

226: EDGE JUSTIN HOLLINS OREGON (I’m not sure he lasts this far but almost every mock I see or ranking has him down here)

I can live with Adderley, I don't care to much for the rest of your draft.  

Archived