Bears and Packers to open on Thursday Night Football

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Pats fans. Why? Because they realize their franchise was completely irrelevant to the NFL until Bill & Tom arrived...and they realize when these 2 retire (which is sooner rather than later), the Pats will become irrelevant once more. 

What does that have to do with opening night? Sunday night I believe is a much better night for the champs to raise their flag.  

33 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Pats fans. Why? Because they realize their franchise was completely irrelevant to the NFL until Bill & Tom arrived...and they realize when these 2 retire (which is sooner rather than later), the Pats will become irrelevant once more. 

This feels like an incredibly poor troll attempt.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:02 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

Lol @ people getting mad about the opener. Who tf cares?

My guess for the Sunday Night game would be Dallas @ Pats. That'd be a ratings juggernaut.

I care but only for the fact that it’s two NFC teams opening up the season. I don’t give a whales fart about the NFC. Some people will like it but it’s a predictable prime time game. I guess I can be at least a little happy it wasn’t an NFC East “Showdown.”

On 3/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, Ketchup said:

You do realize that the SB champs haven’t always opened the season right? This distinct honor you are so worked up about didn’t start until 2004. 

I do know that actually. I'm not understanding your point... there was a reason why it was started.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, malak1 said:

Winningest team of all-time and the team with the most titles of all-time. Lol. Relax, we’re not talking about the Texans (or Oilers or Titans or whichever team you like).

I don't really recognize titles before the Super Bowl era -- so to me the winning-est teams are the Steelers and Patriots. We aren't talking about the Texans, that's correct, so I'm not sure why you brought them up. We're talking about two teams that haven't won jack **** recently -- I don't even have anything against the Packers or Bears. Sorry I hurt your feelings though.

2 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Yeah... everybody hopes this game is competitive while they easily could have had KC/NE 2.0.

All you can do is hope its competitive.  It's the off season we have nothing to go off of. The Pack were heavy favorites week 1 last year, then the Khalil Mack trade happened and the Bears jumped up 20-0 in the first half and put the league on notice.  Its Aaron Rodgers versus the best defense.  It's this years hot coaching candidate versus last years.  It's the 199th meeting of these 2 teams in 100 years.  It IS tradition

2 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Yeah... everybody hopes this game is competitive while they easily could have had KC/NE 2.0.

We will have NE/KC just not then. Celebrating the league's history on opening night on a landmark year is a good idea.

Plus, you never know what kind of game you'll get from any team on opening night. Early part of the season is a bit like the end of the preseason anyway and teams often look rusty 

Archived