Bears and Packers to open on Thursday Night Football

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Tex said:

This is dumb. I don't care if it's the 100th year or the 1000th year -- it's almost as if the previous year doesn't matter in sports anymore. It's supposed to be a passing of times from last year to this year and yet the champions are probably going to be the 3rd to last game played for week 1? 

I just find this stupid. 

I read that its partly because the city of Foxborough has complained about the unnecessary traffic jams and logistic nightmares that come with Thursday night football. 

Do you honestly think the Pats had no say in this?

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This still cracks me up.

Everyone who thinks my girlfriend looks like a dude get out.   Cobb is still elite.  LOL.

He needs to write a new one for 2019.

Lmfaoooo I’ve seen maybe 40 versions of this and this may be Top 3. I can’t remember what the original parody was anymore.. but it was the best. 

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This still cracks me up.

Everyone who thinks my girlfriend looks like a dude get out.   Cobb is still elite.  LOL.

He needs to write a new one for 2019.

This is funny, but:

1. Packers beat the Bears week 

2. Didn't give up a "few draft picks", they sold the farm for Mack, which is fine

3. Calls Adrian Amos an All-Pro who now plays for GB ;)

49 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I can assure you that if the Rams would have won they would have opened up the season. 

On the road probably if it were to have happened.  The NFL hates doing West Coast primetime games unless it's as the second part of a two-parter.  Logistically, you can't do a 7 or even 8pm EST kickoff time with the game being played in LA because people are still going to be stuck in commuter traffic trying to get to the game (and there's a ton of public transportation renovation being done right now in preparation for the opening of the stadium in Inglewood; basically the stretch of public train system that connects the South Bay and Orange County to the, basically, Staples Center (which is the hub where folks would then transfer to go to the Coliseum) is about to close down from June or July through November, at the soonest.  We're probably getting slated in the #2 slot for the 2nd of 2 MNF games they'll do opening week.

They should play with 1919 rules in the 1st half.... and then 2019 rules in the 2nd half

"In its earliest years, the NFL field — like the college one — did not contain hash marks. Unless someone ran out of bounds, the offense would start its play wherever the ball was declared dead on the previous play — even if the ball clung to the sideline. The offense often used the next play to get a better field position — or avoided running plays that could place offensive players near the sideline.

A quarterback can’t throw a pass unless he’s at least 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The offense begins some plays just a yard from the sideline and is penalized for throwing more than one pass during a series of downs. Player substitutions are prohibited. No communication from the sideline is allowed "

Archived