Mock Draft & Rest of Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Here is my mock offseason for the rest of free agency and the NFL DRAFT

Free Agents: cap space 33M

• Marshawn Lynch- Beast Mode brought back for the last year in Oakland. look explosive before he was hurt, rather draft a RB in 2020 class 
  • Ezekiel Ansah- he clears from his injury mid April. Raiders had the worse sack total, and haven't addressed the need. Don't want to count on a rookie for pass rush.. 1 year get healthy @13-14M
  • Austin Seferian-Jenkins- another former Jag coming off a horrible year. could be a cheap sleeper at a position of need.  Bortles and Jags offense was garbage, could possibly realize potential with Carr and TE friendly system 1y @3m
  • TJ Yeldon- 1y @3m no guarantee money, more of a camp invite. Should be cheap at this point, could surprise in a new scheme

Draft 2019

4th Josh Allen Edge- Big shoes to fill in Mack, but JA can do everything. Elite athlete, can rush the passer who projected to get better, also a stud LBer

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen?id=3219414c-4c52-8759-5d19-904fa0fc8823

24 Greedy Williams CB- likely to drop due to tackling and not playing physical. PG can coach Greedy up, and suddenly we have a nice young corners on our team Conely, Greedy, Worely, Nelson. Think we look at corner early in a passing league, and we didn't pursue Dennard Alternative: Deandre Baker

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/greedy-williams?id=32195749-4c03-6342-9735-d6d22ef97bb8

27th- Hollywood Brown WR - another explosive weapon for Carr. AB cousin which would be great to pair them up. Hollwood Brown would be a top 15 pick if he was healthy during the draft process. He has great ball skills, and truly elite game speed. Our offense would suddenly be scary, has Tyreke Hill type speed Alternative: Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, DK

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marquise-brown?id=32194252-4f41-3218-bf76-54f4042e0396

34th- trade down to mid 2nd and add a 3rd rounder 

Mid 2nd- Kahale Warring TE- Carr and Gruden add a weapon on offense, has elite speed and could emerge as a Kittle, Kelce type of TE..has a high ceiling, deep TE class and I think this a good spot to trade down Alternative : Irv Smith/Dawson Knox

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kahale-warring?id=32195741-5275-2700-ebaf-ccabda046f86

3rd- Charles Omenihu DE- developmental DE with twitch and size

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/charles-omenihu?id=32194f4d-4556-5785-8e80-6ad02cc085e2

4th- Darrell Henderson RB- think Mayock is big on position value so RB goes down the list. I predict one of the RBs drops to day 3, and Henderson could surprise at this point

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darrell-henderson?id=32194845-4e05-4456-6f99-3e76d883b110

alternative: Holyfield/Bryce Love/Devin Singletary

5th- Ben Burr-Kirven WLB- great instincts, alot of speed ..would be a first rounder if he was bigger, this defense needs more speed and athleticism ... could provide depth or steal a starting WLB job alternative: David Long, Marquise Blair, Vosean Joseph

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ben-burr-kirven?id=32194255-5256-1396-f8aa-ac8e9de3e91d

7th- G MARTEZ IVEY - guard with potential to battle for RG job.. Another Florida Gator lineman Brown, Sharpe, Good

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/martez-ivey?id=32194956-4565-5015-c9d1-daed22234e78

7th- S Mike Bell - 6'4 safety, who will likely drop due to a slow 40 at combine. Above average athlete, elite size, playmaker alternative Marvell Tell

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-bell?id=32194245-4c22-3517-1eb9-f34c1d675995

Post Draft Raider Roster

Offense

QB: Carr, Glennon,  Peterman

RB: Lynch, Yeldon, HendersonRichard, Washington, Warren

FB: K Smith, Yurachek

WR: Antonio Brown, S Roberts, Ateman/Hatcher

WR: T Williams,  D Harris

Slot: JJ Nelson, Hollywood

TE: Jenkins, Warring, Lee Smith, Derek Carrier, Darren Waller

LT- T Brown, David Sharpe

G- Gabe Jackson, D Good, M Ivey, C Green,  Denver Kirkland

C- Hudson,  Devey

RT-K Miller, Brandon Parker

Defense 
DE: Ansah, Mauro, Key, Omenihu, Calhoun

DT: Hankins, Ellis, Hurst, PJ Hall, Eddie Vanderdoes, Gabe Wright
OLB: Whitehead, J Allen, M LeeBurr-Kirven, Morrow, Kyle Wilburn, James Cowser

MLB: V Burfict, J Cabinda 

CB: Gareon Conley, Daryl Worley, GreedyN Lawson, Nick Nelson, Tevin Mitchell, Meander

S: Karl Joseph, Lamarcus Joyner,  Erik Harris, Riley, M Bell, Leavitt

K: Daniel Carlson, Eddie Piniero

P: Johnny Townsend, Drew Kaser

LS: DePaola, Sieg

thoughts? thanks for your time

Not a fan of a lot of your guys in the 2nd and beyond but looks like a solid 1st Round. I wouldn’t take a WR that high but I wouldn’t be mad. Despite the hype, I think Tyrell is a slightly above average #2 WR and JJ Nelson is a below average slot WR. 

Overall, good job though. I wouldn’t hate this draft. Thanks for the effort. 

Instead of 'Hollywood' I'd rather have AJ or any 6'3+ Frankie favorites.

I hadn't heard of that TE so the class is even deeper?!? I'd prefer to wait another round and expect the DE's will all be gone before the 3rd so might need to flip the 2/3 rounds go DE 2nd and TE 3rd. I wouldn't mind this at all and would love Allen. 

1 hour ago, G said:

Instead of 'Hollywood' I'd rather have AJ or any 6'3+ Frankie favorites.

I hadn't heard of that TE so the class is even deeper?!? I'd prefer to wait another round and expect the DE's will all be gone before the 3rd so might need to flip the 2/3 rounds go DE 2nd and TE 3rd. I wouldn't mind this at all and would love Allen. 

I like Hollywood as I think he will be good in the slot.  That being said I also like my 6'3 studs too B|

I'm watching NFL Network and Pete Schrager just posted his mock and he has the Raiders taking Ed Oliver at 4, passing on Q.  You guys know I think Oliver will be a stud and he has to be in play at 4 overall.  Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I like Hollywood as I think he will be good in the slot.  That being said I also like my 6'3 studs too B|

I'm watching NFL Network and Pete Schrager just posted his mock and he has the Raiders taking Ed Oliver at 4, passing on Q.  You guys know I think Oliver will be a stud and he has to be in play at 4 overall.  Thoughts?

I'd rather take Q., I was surprised to see it listed with Schrager, but the GMFB crew just like to rile up the fans and tell feel-good stories all day.  

As for the mock draft, I'd prefer Q. at number 4 and a DE over Greedy. I'd also swap the second for Irv Smith if available.  I love the third, fourth, and fifth round picks.  Not really intelligent to the other players.

Edit:  ICO FA, I don't think we have that kind of money.  But I know Spotrac and our cap have probably changed as more information ICO contracts have come out.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I actually think three years from now, Oliver will be seen as the better player. He's a special talent that get slept on because he's undersized. He'll need to go to the right scheme, Which I feel like PG's system is a perfect fit

I like the pick at 4

not feeling greedy but it’s ok

rather have a bigger better wr than Hollywood so I’d go for your alternatives

the trade at #35? (Cause I thought Indy had #34) I’d like to see who the trade partner would be 

Don’t know much about the te but in the 2nd he better be good

charles is ok but I think it’s better options like Austin Bryant or lj Collier 

dont think Henderson will be there but if so I’d like a bigger back

It’s ok but I think it’s better value to be had at some picks

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like the pick at 4

not feeling greedy but it’s ok

rather have a bigger better wr than Hollywood so I’d go for your alternatives

the trade at #35? (Cause I thought Indy had #34) I’d like to see who the trade partner would be 

Don’t know much about the te but in the 2nd he better be good

charles is ok but I think it’s better options like Austin Bryant or lj Collier 

dont think Henderson will be there but if so I’d like a bigger back

It’s ok but I think it’s better value to be had at some picks

I just feel AB with Hollywood would be perfect. AB and Carr training every day right now, Hollywood would be right there with him. Hollywood has rare speed.. thanks for the breakdown, I kinda wanted to address positions in this mock thats why I listed alternatives..... 

Archived