The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Just now, BayRaider said:

Tua with a trade up or Tom Brady. 

Just stop with the Tom Brady thing. That is so ridiculius it's not even funny. He didn't play until his 40's to leave Boston and come to a down and out franchise who hasn't won ish since he beat them in the Tuck rule game. He would choose 25 franchises before coming to the Raiders. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Just stop with the Tom Brady thing. That is so ridiculius it's not even funny. He didn't play until his 40's to leave Boston and come to a down and out franchise who hasn't won ish since he beat them in the Tuck rule game. He would choose 25 franchises before coming to the Raiders. 

We’ll see I suppose. I mean, I’d much rather have Tua. Brady isn’t retiring and the only two teams that suited him were the Titans and Raiders. Now Titans have Tanny. Why would’t he come to a brand new dome, whole bunch of Vegas sponsorships, up and coming team, and offensive guru Jon Gruden as his coach? Even Rich Eisen said the Raiders for Brady makes the most 100% sense. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr was terrible against the Bengals, at home and not on the road, with a wayyyy better offensive cast. Darnold has the 30th ranked Pass Protection. Raiders is Top 5. Darnold has no TE, WR core on par or worse than us. 

Terrible? 25/29, 292 yards, 10.1/att is terrible? I can't wait for the new QB to show me what good QBing is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The point is, they are paying Carr 125 million to be a below average QB. You can get cheaper and not miss a beat on offense.

Maybe. But the guy i answered to is 100% sure Carr is off the team next season so you need a solution right now. I'm not against bringing a guy in FA or the draft but that doesn't mean i'm cutting Carr the next minute.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Maybe. But the guy i answered to is 100% sure Carr is off the team next season so you need a solution right now. I'm not against bringing a guy in FA or the draft but that doesn't mean i'm cutting Carr the next minute.

Same, I don't think it's that cut and dry. You can't park the Carr without having a viable replacement.

But look... the talk all offseason leading up to this season was it was a make or break year for Carr. What has done that inspires anyone to think this can be the man to lead you to the playoffs and a Superbowl?

Guy has 19 4th quarter comeback wins. But he's dead when they are down two scores. I'm so tired of seeing him throw short of the sticks on 3rd and short. Tired of the team having a lead and watching him play not to loose the game. Dinking and dunking around the field with a lead just playing not to loose.

Guy has no killer instinct. None. I know a winner when I see one and this dude just isn't one. Great guy, good player in spots but he's not a winner. Have you ever looked at Derek Carr and though man this guy has ice in his veins? Do you ever feel like he can lead a team back and inspire them? 

In the corporate world, he'd be middle management type. He can get everyone where they need to be, punch the clock but isn't going to inspire the greatness in anyone and overachieve. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same, I don't think it's that cut and dry. You can't park the Carr without having a viable replacement.

But look... the talk all offseason leading up to this season was it was a make or break year for Carr. What has done that inspires anyone to think this can be the man to lead you to the playoffs and a Superbowl?

Guy has 19 4th quarter comeback wins. But he's dead when they are down two scores. I'm so tired of seeing him throw short of the sticks on 3rd and short. Tired of the team having a lead and watching him play not to loose the game. Dinking and dunking around the field with a lead just playing not to loose.

Guy has no killer instinct. None. I know a winner when I see one and this dude just isn't one. Great guy, good player in spots but he's not a winner. Have you ever looked at Derek Carr and though man this guy has ice in his veins? Do you ever feel like he can lead a team back and inspire them? 

In the corporate world, he'd be middle management type. He can get everyone where they need to be, punch the clock but isn't going to inspire the greatness in anyone and overachieve. 

Well I think you answered your own question. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is one giant contraction of a post. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This.

honestly he is what he is a 2nd round qb. Imo 2nd round qbs are expected to be very good backups who *could* become a starter. Carr is a awesome back up but just a average starter

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think he can lead a team to the playoffs. You have to build your team to complement what he is though. That's why we invested in the oline and why we picked Jacobs in the 1st. You can't put too much on his shoulders because he's not elite. The Titans and the Vikings are probably headed to the playoffs with the same identity. Strong running game and balanced offense. I don't think their QBs are much better than Carr, if any.

Albert Einstein definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Raiders keeping on trying with Carr is insanity at this point. We know what the results will be but we’re hoping it will change, but a QB in his 6th year is who he is. 

• Like 2