The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Renfrow has been out. Since he’s out, Carr has played worse. Surprise? I don’t think so.

Even with Renfrow, it’s a bottom 5 receiver group. MAYBE bottom 10 if we’re being kind. I’m being honest. I wish it was a better group. No one game plans for any of these guys. None of them are a big play threat.

I’ve looked at all the receiving cores. We are not Bottom 5. Maybeeee Bottom 10. But even with a Bottom 10 core, Carr shouldn’t look like a Bottom 5 QB. He still has a stud OLine, stud RB, and Gruden has been great with play calling. It’s a really grasping at straws argument where everything needs to be great for him. You can’t have everything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What do you think life is Madden football. The Raiders are going to a new City and don’t want to go 3-13

No, we are trying to win football games. Real life. Carr has a small chance in 2020 to be our QB but I seriously doubt he’ll be on this team in 2021. 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Renfrow has been out. Since he’s out, Carr has played worse. Surprise? I don’t think so.

Even with Renfrow, it’s a bottom 5 receiver group. MAYBE bottom 10 if we’re being kind. I’m being honest. I wish it was a better group. No one game plans for any of these guys. None of them are a big play threat.

Maybe that's why they always open and Carr just misses them.:o

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Always open? Man I can’t even debate with you guys. It’s inane. I’m out.

You don't want a real debate start looking at the all 22 film after each game and watch how much Carr does not see the open guy it's not a secret anymore he misses way too many plays.

The guys we have had no problem getting open on their prior teams, they not top of the line guys, but year after year it's the same defense nobody's open, they can't get separation the film shows it is not the case.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You don't want a real debate start looking at the all 22 film after each game and watch how much Carr does not see the open guy it's not a secret anymore he misses way too many plays.

The guys we have had no problem getting open on their prior teams, they not top of the line guys, but year after year it's the same defense nobody's open, they can't get separation the film shows it is not the case.

I have no interest in continuing this discussion. If you don't understand my basic premise, I don't mind. Do you.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve looked at all the receiving cores. We are not Bottom 5. Maybeeee Bottom 10. But even with a Bottom 10 core, Carr shouldn’t look like a Bottom 5 QB. He still has a stud OLine, stud RB, and Gruden has been great with play calling. It’s a really grasping at straws argument where everything needs to be great for him. You can’t have everything. 

Carr is not bottom 5, come on man

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I am wondering what makes you say this??

Ive seen no screens to Josh Jacobs?
Continuously taking Jacobs off on 3rd and short?
Very little play action?
shut out in 2nd half multiple times this season

What do you see that has been great from a play calling perspective?

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s a Carr problem or a Gruden offense problem or both, but the consistent lack of urgency the offense displays is pathetic. To me, that’s much more frustrating to watch than guys getting beat based on talent. 

1 minute ago, TLO said:

I don’t know if it’s a Carr problem or a Gruden offense problem or both, but the consistent lack of urgency the offense displays is pathetic. To me, that’s much more frustrating to watch than guys getting beat based on talent. 

this i agree with, and I think it goes back to Todd Downing, just beating it into Carr to live for the next down.
3rd and 7 (or similar) Carr is way to hapy to just check it down for 2 yards. It is so frustrating. 

But without having the game tape, its tough to say its Carr checking down / WRs not open / Or bad play calling.

Carr needs to get more aggresive IMO. We can do a lot worse than Carr, but we can do better. 
I trust Mayock. 

• Like 1