The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Relevant:

We were pretty bad against other teams but I wounder how much of the Seattle game had to do with Pete's familiarity with Cable.  Injuries, talent, age, and experience all played a part but playing against his former team did not help.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We were pretty bad against other teams but I wounder how much of the Seattle game had to do with Pete's familiarity with Cable.  Injuries, talent, age, and experience all played a part but playing against his former team did not help.

Only ken Norton could look good vs us and putrid for us.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Cables OL against any team is garbage in pass pro.

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Cables OL against any team is garbage in pass pro.

My point was that the game against Seattle was the worst because of the knowledge Pete has with Cable.  I am not a Cable supporter at all but this game is a bad example.  No way that D was not going to destroy our line with Cable and the circumstances surrounding the line.

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Relevant:

Just watching through those clips and there doesn't seem to be many instances where a WR was running a short curl or a shallow crossing route or something Patriot-ish to account for the short window of opportunity, on nearly all these clips when the pressure comes on the WRs are heading downfield with their backs to Carr, seems like we didn't adapt at all which is worrying.

59 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just watching through those clips and there doesn't seem to be many instances where a WR was running a short curl or a shallow crossing route or something Patriot-ish to account for the short window of opportunity, on nearly all these clips when the pressure comes on the WRs are heading downfield with their backs to Carr, seems like we didn't adapt at all which is worrying.

Please watch it again. I counted only 2-3 plays that had no quick outlet. And one of those was questionable too. But having an outlet, with say a receiver in the flat or on a out route, is one thing and being able to throw a complete-able pass are too different things when facing the pressure Carr did last year.

42 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Please watch it again. I counted only 2-3 plays that had no quick outlet. And one of those was questionable too. But having an outlet, with say a receiver in the flat or on a out route, is one thing and being able to throw a complete-able pass are too different things when facing the pressure Carr did last year.

Oh, I think we did have a quick outlet like a RB or maybe a TE but very few where we schemed a WR to get free early is what I was thinking. Only one short crossing route for nelson and he didn't look back at Carr until after he'd left the pocket in the opposite direction. I saw Roberts curl back once but was covered as he didn't sell anything other than what he was doing. I totally agree on the last sentence, if the QB has 2 seconds to throw he only has time to look one way basically, thought Carr actually made a few nice plays with his legs too.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, I think we did have a quick outlet like a RB or maybe a TE but very few where we schemed a WR to get free early is what I was thinking. Only one short crossing route for nelson and he didn't look back at Carr until after he'd left the pocket in the opposite direction. I saw Roberts curl back once but was covered as he didn't sell anything other than what he was doing. I totally agree on the last sentence, if the QB has 2 seconds to throw he only has time to look one way basically, thought Carr actually made a few nice plays with his legs too.

I agree with most of what you saw but what difference does it make who the outlet is?

As long as it's there is what matters.

If you are gonna say that this would limit ABs looks or something, I'm sure Gruden has made AB the hot route in 80% of his plays and has already said he putting in the route ABs like the most, (slants, curls, zone sit downs and double moves imo).