The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not going through your post history but during 2016 and the 2017 off season, and probably even the 2017 regular season before Luck came back strong in 2018, you made multiple posts claiming Carr is a much better QB. Even during 2016, this was never true. Luck is miles ahead of Carr as a QB. 

At that point, I was fine with it. Especially because of the difference in the division and SOS.

To say he was "miles ahead" in 2016 is a laughably bad take. 

• Like 1

Now I am not saying perceptions can't change, he can not get better, or even these guys are correct but the NFL Comp board has a thread rating QBs.  Not a single person rate Carr outside of average.  Just some perspective how one group outside the Raiders views our QB.

This is how average/starter caliber is defined.

Starter Caliber- I would not exactly feel comfortable building my team around these guys at the moment. For some, that just comes down to youth or inexperience, they can easily prove over another season they are indeed Franchise QBs. For others, they just don't put out good performances consistently enough to be relied upon and "given the reigns" to the franchise. The other bunch are the vets who are what they are, solid QBs, but if they're on your roster you should be looking at QB in the draft.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Now I am not saying perceptions can't change, he can not get better, or even these guys are correct but the NFL Comp board has a thread rating QBs.  Not a single person rate Carr outside of average.  Just some perspective how one group outside the Raiders views our QB.

Starter Caliber- I would not exactly feel comfortable building my team around these guys at the moment. For some, that just comes down to youth or inexperience, they can easily prove over another season they are indeed Franchise QBs. For others, they just don't put out good performances consistently enough to be relied upon and "given the reigns" to the franchise. The other bunch are the vets who are what they are, solid QBs, but if they're on your roster you should be looking at QB in the draft.

Here is some perspective in 2016 I bet they would have had Carr as one of the best young QB's in the league. In 2017 injuries and a horrible OC, suspect OL. In 2018 worst OL in football, 1 weapon and a new offense, I choose to believe he is the QB we saw before all the injuries and turnover, he's not without faults though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Here is some perspective in 2016 I bet they would have had Carr as one of the best young QB's in the league. In 2017 injuries and a horrible OC, suspect OL. In 2018 worst OL in football, 1 weapon and a new offense, I choose to believe he is the QB we saw before all the injuries and turnover, he's not without faults though.

And great QBs rise above challenges. Every QB in the league has faced tons of adversity. Fans makes excuses for them, it’s a normal thing to do. 

Carr is ranked properly. By people without bias. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And great QBs rise above challenges. Every QB in the league has faced tons of adversity. Fans makes excuses for them, it’s a normal thing to do. 

And that's above average a long way from he sucks.

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It shows his ranking above average out of 298 submitted tier list. How is above average/starter caliber defined?

Edited by raidr4life

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let's say you were starting a franchise and had to pick a QB to build around what Qb's would you rank ahead of Carr?  Keep in mind that Qb's like Brady and Brees would not be built around because they're 40.    

People are down on Carr but fail to realize that his supporting cast has been amongst the worst for the last 2 years.  I have a very strong feeling that he will play like he did in 2016 and all of his haters will be eating Crow.  You want to say that franchise QB's rise above challenges.  How do you think Brady would have feared on out 2018 team?  How many wins would he have led us to and what would his stats looked like?  

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say you were starting a franchise and had to pick a QB to build around what Qb's would you rank ahead of Carr?  Keep in mind that Qb's like Brady and Brees would not be built around because they're 40.    

People are down on Carr but fail to realize that his supporting cast has been amongst the worst for the last 2 years.  I have a very strong feeling that he will play like he did in 2016 and all of his haters will be eating Crow.  You want to say that franchise QB's rise above challenges.  How do you think Brady would have feared on out 2018 team?  How many wins would he have led us to and what would his stats looked like?  

BayRaider has a weird hard on for criticizing Carr. 

He'll backtrack later. I say just leave it until the season.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

It shows his ranking above average out of 298 submitted tier list. How is above average/starter caliber defined?

I put it as average/starter caliber because the OP had it as starter caliber and when everyone else did there own they used average as a description instead.  The next tier up was labeled as Franchise QB and as above average.

55 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I put it as average/starter caliber because the OP had it as starter caliber and when everyone else did there own they used average as a description instead.  The next tier up was labeled as Franchise QB and as above average.

Either way based on the 298 submitted not just the few posted by a couple of guys, Carr is ranked as Franchise QB/Above average, no denying that, this was your evidence. Sadly non Raider fans understand being plagued by injuries and horrible OL play while fickle Raider fans want 10 more years of Journeyman Qb's

Franchise QB- This tier, and obviously those above, are who I feel are the bonafide franchise QBs in the NFL. Guys who you can confidently make the face of your franchise, you know they will be around, and you'll ride or die with their success. These are the guys worth building around, and you can have a ton of success with them in the right situation.

Edited by raidr4life

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Either way based on the 298 submitted not just the few posted by a couple of guys, Carr is ranked as Franchise QB/Above average, no denying that this was your evidence.

I actually did not know you could see the average since I did not go to the site itself.  Was just talking about the thread itself.  It is pretty clear that the 298 rankings are garbage however because they only have 4 QBs rated below average.  Even Jackson, Allen, Flacco, Dalton, Tannehill, and Rosen are ranked as average in the total so I think their might be an issue with the average on the site.  The only below average QBs are rookies.   I would prefer the our own posters opinions from Football's Future.

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I actually did not know you could see the average since I did not go to the site itself.  Was just talking about the thread itself.  It is pretty clear that the 298 rankings are garbage however because they only have 4 QBs rated below average.  Even Jackson, Allen, Flacco, Dalton, Tannehill, and Rosen are ranked as average in the total so I think their might be an issue with the average on the site.  The only below average QBs are rookies.   I would prefer the our own posters opinions from Football's Future.

LOL dude I'm done, I was 100% sure you were going to say the rankings are garbage now that it doesn't fit your narrative.

Edited by raidr4life

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Look at the top QBs in the NFL how many of them at the same coach for 5+ years?

Brees, Brady and BigBen had the same coach for 10+ years.

Carr had what 3HC 4 OC in 5 years. If Carr doesn’t take the next step you can blame it on Reggies incompetence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Look at the top QBs in the NFL how many of them at the same coach for 5+ years?

Brees, Brady and BigBen had the same coach for 10+ years.

Carr had what 3HC 4 OC in 5 years. If Carr doesn’t take the next step you can blame it on Reggies incompetence.

I believe he is going to take the next step this year.  It's going to be glorious.  I feel like we equipped him with all the tools he will need.  The only negative on offense is T. Cable as our OL coach.  If we stay relatively healthy on offense, he's going to have a great season.

• Like 1