The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What has Carr done to deserve an extension? If he did,  sends a terrible message to our team and potential FAs and that mediocre production gets rewarded here. 

Gruden job is on the line in 2020 . He's not trusting Carr in a new market next season

When you say things like “Grudens job is on the line” I ignore everything else you say. Mark Davis will never fire Gruden. Gruden will have to retire for him to not be our coach. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

When you say things like “Grudens job is on the line” I ignore everything else you say. Mark Davis will never fire Gruden. Gruden will have to retire for him to not be our coach. 

Seconded.  Gruden is here until Gruden says he is done.  

27 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

When you say things like “Carr is better than Mahomes” I ignore everything else you say and you can’t be taken seriously on any level.

Weird. The Woodlands High School who has been in two 6A championship games in the last 10 years and lost in the semi finals of the Texas state playoffs this year, think I know football pretty well. Specifically the QB position. I was just hired as QB coach and Special assistant to the OC in order to develop their Sophmore QB who has legit pro potential. 

I played (well rode the bench) QB for 4 years at Cal Berkeley. I worked with a George Whitfield in San Diego developing pro, college and high school QBs. I think I got a pretty good grasp on the QB position.

But please keep telling me how I don’t know football.

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Weird. The Woodlands High School who has been in two 6A championship games in the last 10 years and lost in the semi finals of the Texas state playoffs this year, think I know football pretty well. Specifically the QB position. I was just hired as QB coach and Special assistant to the OC in order to develop their Sophmore QB who has legit pro potential. 

I played (well rode the bench) QB for 4 years at Cal Berkeley. I worked with a George Whitfield in San Diego developing pro, college and high school QBs. I think I got a pretty good grasp on the QB position.

Well care to elaborate on why carr is better than Mahomes?

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I believe you and I think that's awesome, but it's still possible to have questionable takes. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Your opinion mean nothing when you think Carr is better than Mahomes.

If you don't think Gruden job is on the line next season then you haven't watched the NFL much. Davis fired Del Rio one season after making the playoffs

8 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I believe you and I think that's awesome, but it's still possible to have questionable takes. 

Thank you. It’s My first real coaching job. I’m ready to develop this kid. He has stud potential. I want a Texas state Championship ring. 

I understand that. It’s not easy to defend since the stats and Production say otherwise. But strictly based on what I see in the film. I’ll take Carr by a slight margin. 

I missed on mahomes in the draft. I said the chiefs set themselves back 5 years with that pick. But I was wrong. He’s a legit NFL starter. But I think Carr is special. Like ARod special. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

If you don't think Gruden job is on the line next season then you haven't watched the NFL much. Davis fired Del Rio one season after making the playoffs

To be fair, Gruden and Del Rio are nowhere near the same in terms of situations. Gruden was and always will be Raider royalty. Davis adores him. Hard to see him firing him after next year and eat 7 years and whatever money is left. It aint small money either.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Lol because Gruden said yes. Lol that is further prove that Gruden isn’t going anywhere. We replaced a coach that took us to the playoffs with him. 

26 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

There's a reason you didn't make it to the NFL, you don't know the position that well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Nobody thinks this. Gruden wasn't brought in to a 10 year contract to be let go after two seasons.  Especially not after he's completely deconstructed the team and building it back up to his liking.  Progress is being made as well.

Regardless of your feelings about Gruden or Carr or anyone else, no one can sit here and deny that the team is much more talented and being built the right way from year 1 to year 2 and more foundational pieces are still to be had in year 3.

• Like 1