The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

No I don’t.

I think that mahomes has 3 years in that systems vs Carr who has none and that’s the only reason they wouldn’t.

I don’t think he is drastically better. But I would rather have a QB with Carr’s skillset than with Mahomes. 

I don't think that years in the system matter. If KC believed that Carr was the better QB then they make that trade.

Who would pass on a prime Peyton Manning vs a prime David Carr (not Derek)??

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

When Carr gets his extension I am going to get a kick outta this forum exploding.

I'm one of Carr's supporters, but an extension...Build the team and let him finish his contract. Franchise him if we don't have a replacement but at 35 or 40 mil per by the time his contract is up...None for me thanks (Vet QB's) I'm drafting a rookie every other year if not every year. LOL 

Under 15 mil on pro bowl RB, 15 mil on a pro bowl Tackle and 10 mil per on a pro bowl middle LB, rookie QB contract. or one QB...Choice is easy, draft rookie QB's early and often. B|

16 minutes ago, G said:

I'm one of Carr's supporters, but an extension...Build the team and let him finish his contract. Franchise him if we don't have a replacement but at 35 or 40 mil per by the time his contract is up...None for me thanks (Vet QB's) I'm drafting a rookie every other year if not every year. LOL 

Under 15 mil on pro bowl RB, 15 mil on a pro bowl Tackle and 10 mil per on a pro bowl middle LB, rookie QB contract. or one QB...Choice is easy, draft rookie QB's early and often. B|

I like this idea, but it wouldn't work. We would be what the Bills are this year, every year. We would never reach a superbowl (which is the ultimate goal).

Maybe if we get the next Lamar Jackson.... Nah we would probably get the next RG3..... 

55 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What skillset from Carr that you speak off. He doesnt have a better arm. He isnt better on the move. His pocket awareness isnt better. He doesn't see the field better. I have no idea what skillset care has over mahommes. 

He sees the three yard out come open faster than Mahomes. Not even joking, soon as the three yard out is open, he turns his head like the terminator. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders need to change QBs and move on from Carr. The team has no confidence in him. The best thing to do is go the rookie contract route and use Carr's cap space to spend on the defense.

Our offense is rookie QB friendly with solid protection, pro bowl center, tackle, and guards. Pro bowl level tight end,running back and full back

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders need to change QBs and move on from Carr. The team has no confidence in him. The best thing to do is go the rookie contract route and use Carr's cap space to spend on the defense.

Our offense is rookie QB friendly with solid protection, pro bowl center, tackle, and guards. Pro bowl level tight end,running back and full back

I agree the personnel is rookie QB friendly, but the system itself isn’t. Its known to be demanding of QBs. Carr and Gannon have said it in the past that it took at least a year to be more comfortable in it.

Edited by Justwinning