The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lol I can always count on getting a good laugh from this forum. 

Between the FA 2020, Draft 2020 and this thread. I can always find some stupidity to brighten my day. It makes me so thankful that I have a rational brain, driven by common sense,

unlike the Carr Haters

5 mins later....

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Carr is a better QB then Mahomes. 

9_9

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

The more I see Carr play, the more I praise Bill Musgrave for making Carr be somewhat successful those two years. 

Carr is a limited QB, an average talent at the position. Mentally and physically not strong enough to be a franchise QB.

My post from page 6 of this thread. Aint nothing changed a year later except Carr's value. I would be satisfied with getting maybe a 3rd for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The PB is a joke, but Carr apparently has 6 pro bowl guys in Richie, Hudson, Brown, Waller, Jacobs and Ingold, and yet he still can't get it together. If you need an entire O of all-pro players to look good, then you just aren't the guy.

But he doesn’t have a #1 WR!!!!

(which half the teams in the league don’t have...)

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

This one isn't about progression or 1st read. The play has gone off script. Carr has to see Williams right in front of him, running open but he doesn't throw it.

He doesnt see the field that well when he protected. He definitely dont see it good when pressured. When pressured he freaks out 75% of the time. 

9 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

No I don’t.

I think that mahomes has 3 years in that systems vs Carr who has none and that’s the only reason they wouldn’t.

I don’t think he is drastically better. But I would rather have a QB with Carr’s skillset than with Mahomes. 

If you polled 1000 former coaches, GMs, offensive coordinators, former QBs, etc. you'd not find 1 who'd agree with this. Not a single one. 

This is your "rationale brain"... you're clearly just trolling. There'd be no other reason for you posting something this outlandish. 

• Like 1

My favorite excerpt from Lombardi's article:

Carr is improving getting the ball down the field, but is not progressing when the play breaks down if Gruden’s play call is not perfect. He struggles to create big plays on his own. Usually the defense is at risk when a quarterback breaks the pocket. But when Carr leaves, the defense is never worried, as he is more likely to just throw the ball out of bounds than try to make a play. Carr lacks the ability to improvise and the adlib talent that can make quarterbacks so dangerous.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My favorite excerpt from Lombardi's article:

Ironically I’m reminded of James Jones nickname of baby Arod for Carr. Rodgers kept McCarthy employed because of his ability to go off script which is probably one of his best traits. Carr needs things to go perfectly to win which is why he’s great on the scripted plays. He needs to just cut loose and play some backyard football. 

8 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I agree the personnel is rookie QB friendly, but the system itself isn’t. Its known to be demanding of QBs. Carr and Gannon have said it in the past that it took at least a year to be more comfortable in it.

I hear year after year of rookie QBs picking up complex systems quicker than QBs of the past. Also, coaches tend to scale back and ease rookies into systems. 

The rookie  QB effect galvanizes teams around them with no hope. Just look at the AFC ...Ravens, Bills, Chiefs and Texans all invested in young super talented QBs

I wanted to draft a QB at #4 in 2019 draft because changes picking that high were slim again. Looking back at it, Lock or and Haskins in place Ferrell would make more sense now. But hindsight is 20/20 

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Yeah ok 👌 

What has Carr done to deserve an extension? If he did,  sends a terrible message to our team and potential FAs and that mediocre production gets rewarded here. 

Gruden job is on the line in 2020 . He's not trusting Carr in a new market next season

Edited by bucksavage1