The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For the blame the WR crowd.... Carson Wentz in back to back weeks with no WRs due to injuries leads them to a win. Put up 266 and 3 TDs yesterday with his leading WR being Greg Ward Jr. 

Tired of blaming the WRs. You're either a winner or you're not.

Fair enough, but there were at least 3 drops yesterday that if 1 were caught we win the game.

you can blame whoever you want... 

but a lot of QBs will look bad when WRs drop balls that hit them in the hands.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

For the blame the WR crowd.... Carson Wentz in back to back weeks with no WRs due to injuries leads them to a win. Put up 266 and 3 TDs yesterday with his leading WR being Greg Ward Jr. 

Tired of blaming the WRs. You're either a winner or you're not.

Watching Wentz last week against the Giants I was actually thinking how similar to Carr he looked, both guys just look devoid of confidence in their receivers, nervous and unsure. I think the whole story is complicated but a lot of both these guys issues this year seem the same, of course the Eagles have a much better D but we have a better Running game. 

I'm not one to panic over a couple dreadful performances given the lack of depth and injuries. We all knew this team wasn't great even with no injuries. Continue to build the roster, stop trading away picks and I still feel Carr can do a job for us. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair enough, but there were at least 3 drops yesterday that if 1 were caught we win the game.

Wrs get more action in a weeks worth of practice than one game.

I wonder if carr stays late perfecting his check down passing 

go so pathetic gruden started calling short wr routes imo cause car wasn’t looking at anyone 10+ yards downfield that wasn’t a rb or te. Doss and zay caught 2 passes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

And your franchise is just lost.

The niners would have a better record with Carr then they do with JimmyG.

Sustain your success more then 14 games before you get a big head. The fall will hurt the more you inflate the team. They have a serious lack of talent outside of their front 7. I expect a come down next year for the niners. Especially is Saleh leaves. 

Just like the Bears had this year. They are a very similar team.

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wrs get more action in a weeks worth of practice than one game.

I wonder if carr stays late perfecting his check down passing 

go so pathetic gruden started calling short wr routes imo cause car wasn’t looking at anyone 10+ yards downfield that wasn’t a rb or te. Doss and zay caught 2 passes. 

Id assume in 5 days of practice you’d get more action then in one 3hour game?

Is Carr’s lack of a deep ball the same reason Gruden ran a west coast offense with Gannon too? 

this game showed exactly what we’ve seen all season. 
we have a lot of holes on this team. 
carr is a capable player but needs a pretty good team around him. 
can we improve at QB, absolutely. But he is not why we lost yesterday. But he does deserve blame for why we didn’t win. (Not sure if this makes sense lol)

on 2 of the dropped passes he could have ran for the first, and even if tackled it at least Keeps clock moving. 
he looks to pass but sometimes you just have to make the easiest / safest play. 

throwing to our receivers seems unfortunately isn’t a safe play lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Id assume in 5 days of practice you’d get more action then in one 3hour game?

Is Carr’s lack of a deep ball the same reason Gruden ran a west coast offense with Gannon too? 

this game showed exactly what we’ve seen all season. 
we have a lot of holes on this team. 
carr is a capable player but needs a pretty good team around him. 
can we improve at QB, absolutely. But he is not why we lost yesterday. But he does deserve blame for why we didn’t win. (Not sure if this makes sense lol)

on 2 of the dropped passes he could have ran for the first, and even if tackled it at least Keeps clock moving. 
he looks to pass but sometimes you just have to make the easiest / safest play. 

throwing to our receivers seems unfortunately isn’t a safe play lol

Meant to say season 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Here is the problem it shouldn't come to that every freaking time we should have been putting up enough points that the game was out of reach how can Carr start 6 for 6 then be 6-13 after that. Once the script is done he has no idea what to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Here is the problem it shouldn't come to that every freaking time we should have been putting up enough points that the game was out of reach how can Carr start 6 for 6 then be 6-13 after that. Once the script is done he has no idea what to do.

absolutely agree. Raiders can never have an easy win. Even week 1 against Den, we dominated but then find a way to make it kinda iffy at the end. 
Obviously a lot of it is on Carr, (I do like the guy, but I know he is a lot of the problem), but I disagree with a lot of the play calling.

Yesterday, on our last drive, I really thought we should have ran it on 3rd down, and then gone for a pass on 4th. We were up 3, i would have rathered us put our big boys to use and run Jacobs.

Why Jacobs wasnt on the field for the most important play of the game / season is beyond me. Gruden has been taking him out on 3rd down all year and it really pisses me off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

Well Carr was unstoppable in 2016, so should we just focus on the past or present? You tell me bro. 

I'm referencing last season, you're referencing 3 years ago. Jones proved he could be productive last year with a crappy rookie QB but still Carr can't find him. Carr has been a bum for 3 straight seasons now.