Obscure/Nostalgic Players

BleedTheClock

11 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Gerry Ellis

He was a bit before I was a serious football fan, I never understood why GB didn't just make him the feature back (though to be fair, Eddie Lee Ivery and Jessie Clark were also decent enough backs - probably a case of none of them good/healthy enough to be a true bell cow, but all of them too good to NOT get carries)

On 3/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Siv said:

Brandon Lloyd

Robert Ferguson

Al Harris

Jimmy Kleinsasser 

Brandon Lloyd, wowzers. The most underrated set of hands in NFL history. He was a complete softy that would never run over the middle, but go watch that mans career highlight film and you would think you are watching OBJ and future HOFer. He actually did the OBJ catch like 10 years prior.

SecretEvilIslandcanary-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Brandon Lloyd, wowzers. The most underrated set of hands in NFL history. He was a complete softy that would never run over the middle, but go watch that mans career highlight film and you would think you are watching OBJ and future HOFer. He actually did the OBJ catch like 10 years prior.

He would drop some easy passes though from what I remember though. At least as a 49er. It was obvious he had potential to be a decent player in the league though, and had that one good year in Denver. His diving catch against Seattle one time is still the best catch I think I've ever seen.

It has to be Steven Jackson for me. As the years go on I fear he will be lost to the history books. But man the guy was an absolute animal. He was on some of the worst teams in NFL and still managed to produce.

I'd take Steven Jackson over Todd Gurley any day.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:19 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm sure every team did. The dude was right up there with Revis for a couple seasons. The fall off from when he was a Raider to an Eagle was absolutely astonishing though.

Nnamdi was never that good. His move to Philly exposed how overrated he was.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He was also probably the softest player I've ever seen. 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm sure every team did. The dude was right up there with Revis for a couple seasons. The fall off from when he was a Raider to an Eagle was absolutely astonishing though.

Don't sugar coat it, he was better than Revis for a few seasons.  Every team wanted him.  This guy probably explains it better than I can.

Archived