who are some of your fan favorite players n your team that you didnt like?

Kiwibrown

Joe Flacco. Dude was born with a cannon and has the clutch gene, but I never saw the fire on him to be an all-time great. Too " cool" to my taste. I prefer guys that play with fire, with passion, Ray Lewis or Ed Reed style. I won't take away the greatness of his SB run, but I was never a huge fan.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, Forge said:

You should have been here for the Alex Smith wars on the old site. Really ripped the 49er forum in half. It was bad. 

That being said, I appreciate Alex for what he is, which is "fine" for the most part. Nothing to get excited about, but you could have always done a lot worse. I am a fan of his as a person...everything I have ever read about him is that he's just a great dude, and he's always handled everything thrown at him with nothing but class. So I am grateful for that and does make me like him in that regard. 

I don't think he handled it with "class" at all. The guy was visibly pouting on the sidelines after successful Kaepernick drives. 

LeGarrette Blount. Not as much on here, but he was hyped as a “big, bruising back that nobody wanted to tackle” which couldn’t be further from the truth. It would drive me nuts seeing him get the ball on 3rd and short to be stopped in the backfield. Dude was the softest 250lb back I’ve ever seen. 

Disclaimer: He carried his weight on the goal line in 2016, in fairness. But his NE stint was largely plagued with disappointing short yardage situations. Blount fit the “boom or bust” narrative to a T.

Edited by Yin-Yang

On 4/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, Riftty said:

I gotta go with Todd Gurley. He is decent, but I don't think he is as great as his numbers suggest. With Mcvay he has had some massive holes made for him due to scheme and Oline play.

I have a feeling his career is nearing the down hill slide. 

Hes 24 years old. He has 2 years before he even hits his physical prime.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Not on any team I rooted for but I still dont understand how/why people thought Nnamdi Asomugha was good at football. He was complete garbage his first few years in OAK, he played well for 2 years and people were ready to anoint him as the next coming of Jesus. He went to PHI and was garbage on a massive contract.

For a guy who was relevant for maybe 3 total seasons and 15 career INTs he sure seems to get a lot more love than he actually should. Im not sure Nnamdi was ever a better football player than prime Joe Haden but people treat him as a guy who is a standout of an era of football comparing him to Revis/Bailey.

Nnamdi Asomugha ever being more than an above average football player for a extremely short period of time is a complete fallacy.

Edited by AkronsWitness

10 hours ago, Pool said:

Urlacher. Guys a grade A douchebag.

What??? Share some examples, this is the oddest one on this thread.

As for the Chargers, it's Shawne Merriman. His dumb dance got annoying real quick and I got fatigued defending his PED Bust to other fans. I really hated his decision to avoid taking surgery after 2007 playoff loss to New England and then playing 2008 season opener to the Panthers and re-injuring himself.. Another fan favorite is Q. Jammer, never cared for his terrible play and that he was given far to much time to develop into a decent CB for a few years before hitting a wall.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes 24 years old. He has 2 years before he even hits his physical prime.

That doesn't mean he can't decline. The last four years he touched the ball a lot. If you watched the Rams games last season, lots of his runs were made by the oline and he had trouble breaking through to the next level. Also most of all the TDs where within the ten yard line.

I just wasn't blown away by his play.

5 hours ago, Riftty said:

That doesn't mean he can't decline. The last four years he touched the ball a lot. If you watched the Rams games last season, lots of his runs were made by the oline and he had trouble breaking through to the next level. Also most of all the TDs where within the ten yard line.

I just wasn't blown away by his play.

I agree, I think a lot of his success is a byproduct of the amount of touches he gets. Not sure if Gurley is on a Leveon Bell or Zeke Elliott type of talent tier. It's just hard to imagine him unexpected getting worse this early in his career