who are some of your fan favorite players n your team that you didnt like?

Kiwibrown

It's not that I didn't like him - I just wasn't as hyped on LT as a lot of other Chargers fans were.

Ultimately whenever we needed him most he was either hurt or invisible.

Obviously his 2006 season is historic and he's an all-time great, but I'm not sure if he even be among my top 10 favorite Chargers players ever.

Edited by Bolts223

On 4/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, AkronsWitness said:

I agree, I think a lot of his success is a byproduct of the amount of touches he gets. Not sure if Gurley is on a Leveon Bell or Zeke Elliott type of talent tier. It's just hard to imagine him unexpected getting worse this early in his career

I think bell is super overrated tbh. He’s had 2-3 years with a crappy YPC barely at 4.0!

Hes the most overrated RB since hmmmm

i can’t even remember.. Maybe Shaun Alexander imo. Gurley balled his rookie season with zero talent! So he could thrive in that a crappy environment.. I’m thinking Bell is gonna stink it up in NY. 

Randy Moss in his Vikings days. Loved his play, and I'd put him behind only Jerry Rice among the best WRs ever to play the game. But even when he didn't talk, he projected an attitude that rubbed me the wrong way 24/7. I did not miss him when he left.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Not on any team I rooted for but I still dont understand how/why people thought Nnamdi Asomugha was good at football. He was complete garbage his first few years in OAK, he played well for 2 years and people were ready to anoint him as the next coming of Jesus. He went to PHI and was garbage on a massive contract.

For a guy who was relevant for maybe 3 total seasons and 15 career INTs he sure seems to get a lot more love than he actually should. Im not sure Nnamdi was ever a better football player than prime Joe Haden but people treat him as a guy who is a standout of an era of football comparing him to Revis/Bailey.

Nnamdi Asomugha ever being more than an above average football player for a extremely short period of time is a complete fallacy.

Nnamdi only looked good because Oakland was usually playing from behind and there wasn't anyone notable on the other side.

11 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Are you saying you were defending him or that Ravens fans were pimping Tyrod?

A few Ravens fans on this site were pumping Tyrod acting like he should be a sure fire starter in this league. Not saying anyone called him elite or anything but they were saying top 20. Saying he was the reason the Bills went to the playoffs two years ago etc.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

A few Ravens fans on this site were pumping Tyrod acting like he should be a sure fire starter in this league. Not saying anyone called him elite or anything but they were saying top 20. Saying he was the reason the Bills went to the playoffs two years ago etc.

Hmmm. I don’t remember that being the case at all. But maybe there were some. 

When he was here, Brandin Cooks. I'm a halfhearted OSU fan, so the Saints trading up to grab him was awesome. I had been saying we'd pick him for a couple weeks before the draft. FeltGoodMan.gif. It was Reggie Bush all over again (the main reason I became a Saints fan).

His archer thing grew tiresome quick and complaining about a lack targets after a blowout victory was the last straw, I went from one of his biggest fans to someone stoked we could trade him for a 1st. 

All in all, he likely just didn't mesh with Payton and wanted out anyways. His celebration could've been overlooked had he been happy here. But the way it all went down just kind of soured me on him. It's nothing personal, I know lots of people don't like Payton. But if you don't wanna play for my favorite team, you're OUT.

Really a stand up guy though, seems like a quality character for sure. 

Edited by Dome