A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

36 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I wonder if some of the source is Elliot Wolf. Also, I'm glad this came out. Excited to see how Rodgers feels and hopefully this motivates him.

This is like a 50/50 combination of bleacher report being drama queens and somebody with an axe to grind. 

34 minutes ago, Redt said:

This article speaks to TT falling asleep at the wheel (literally), it was his responsibility to ensure accountability and he failed miserably, yet still many defend him.

I’ll defend him. The man was growing old and ill, and the organization knew it. The rumors have been out there for at least 4 years, and in the last year Demo and McGinn have both confirmed that they were true. That part is on Mark Murphy and the rest of the Packers brass. I can’t fault a guy who is trying to hold onto his faculties when his physical and mental abilities are starting to fail him. I feel badly for him, but GB should have respectfully taken care of it sooner and better 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But given the characters involved it doesn’t seem unrealistic at all. Like nothing seems too cartoony. Like I can totally understand everyone if you put yourself in their shoes. Like I’d be getting massages too if I had to deal with that daily. And I would be sabotaging our offense if my boss was checking out. It’s crazy.

On the messages. Sorry but I don’t buy that part. 

41 minutes ago, Redt said:

This article speaks to TT falling asleep at the wheel (literally), it was his responsibility to ensure accountability and he failed miserably, yet still many defend him.

Defend what? Like his dementia or whatever possible health issues are his fault? Don’t think it’s reallt something to crack a joke about. 

if anything, it’s others fault for not replacing him sooner since he obviously wasn’t all there?

Well, I wasn't definitely wrong about McCarthy, but I feel like I'm not an idiot for kinda thinking we should have traded Rodgers before his most recent deal.  

Aaron's gonna arrogance his way to one ring if LaFleur can't navigate that ego.

• Like 1

Probably some truth in the article but you have to consider the sources.   Glad it came out and hope Aaron reads it and gets pissed off.  Light a fire under his ***.  Nothing pissed me off more than that AZ game.  It was clear for everyone to see.  MM had lost the team and Aaron threw the game.  My take anyway.  Hopefully he will respect LaF and play within the confines of the new offense.  He also needs to treat his young receivers a little better.  OK Aaron wanted change he got it.  Now what's he going to do?  Hopefully he'll play his *** off, get his swagger back, and go for the Lombardi.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Well, I wasn't definitely wrong about McCarthy, but I feel like I'm not an idiot for kinda thinking we should have traded Rodgers before his most recent deal.  

I think the only thing idiotic to do related to this story is to take it hook, line, and sinker. There may be some truth to the dyngunction but when other NFL reporters publicly doubt it, there’s likely some fabrications. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Winning cures all

Edited by Kenrik
Except herpes

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Mask comes off.

I  love LaFleur. Think he is a great one. Like that Murphy said who's boss. Makes an interesting season. Not sure I blame him totally. TT was not the bad guy in all this. He just was not one for holding people accountable. 

LaFleur was a good move. I knew it was bad but not this bad. McCarthy just gave an interview that shows he still doesn't get it.like.at.all.

This piece sends a message to Rodgers who is a headcase. I trust LaFleur can handle it if anyone. We got a really good one in him. Can't believe the leadership among the players held this ship together so many years.

And reaffirms my opinion that most coaches and FOs are just blowhards. Anyways, Gute and LaFleur have their hands full.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That contract was a huge mistake especially coming off of the collar bone injury.  Said it at the time.  Wanted them to wait until we could get a chance to see if he regained his old form. Yes smart play would have been to trade him for a massive haul and rebuild the team.  Saying that with the benefit of hindsight gotta admit.  At the time figured odds of winning going in either direction were probably equal. Whatever Packers made their bed now we have to lie in it.  Rodgers missed most of 2017 and was injured for most of 2018.  Not sure what we have in him anymore.  Why I keep clamoring for a decent back up.  Hopefully he'll come back renewed and set the league on fire next season but my confidence is not high.  

• Like 1

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Coaching football at the NFL or competitive college level is not a job for well-adjusted emotionally healthy people.  I mean, even if you go in that way, the job will change you for the worse.

Also why I like LaFleur. He is a cool temperament and well  adjusted.....and well liked by players.