A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

real or not this is great material going forward

massages for everyone

Please no I'd rather hear Mason Crossbar every hour of my life until I die instead of massage jokes

Edited by Norm

15 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

This line of thinking makes zero sense to me.

If the question is whether or not someone plays favorites and freezes out the rest of the guys why would you bother to go ask his favorites? Of course they are going to back them up no matter what. That's why they're the favorites in the first place.

I assume at some point we've all had teachers or bosses or even family members that CLEARLY showed favoritism to certain people over others. Do you really think in any of those situations if you asked the people on the recieving end of that favoritism about it that youd get anything other than "No, they're a great person and everything they do is completely merit based." 

So you agree with me then that the people sought out were of the opposite variety? If you seek out one type of person and not the opposite side of isle, you're writing a slanted piece.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So you agree with me then that the people sought out were of the opposite variety? If you seek out one type of person and not the opposite side of isle, you're writing a slanted piece.

lol.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not exactly. 

Any and everybody who has any interest at all in this story already knows exactly how those people are going to respond.

It's like in politics. If you want to bring something into question about what the president has possibly done would you bother asking the VP or his press secretary? No, everybody already knows they are going to fall along company lines.

Something I dont understand..................

This bit about AR being pissed at MM for passing on him and selecting Alex Smith.

MM was the OC at SF when they drafted Smith #1. Since with does an OC get credited with selecting ANYBODY on draft day?
Did MM support the drafting of Smith? Well, I didnt read any of it at the time....it was SF after all.....but since when would an OC diss the player his organization just selected #1?

What am I missing here??????????????????????????

It seems like a HUGE non-issue to me....and again, I repeat.....maybe Smith WAS a better QB at the time they were drafted.

• Like 4

I'll leave this here.....

Asked at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month if he regretted cutting Nelson last offseason, Gutekunst replied, “I think there’s always times you look back and (question yourself), but in that particular instance, no, I don’t regret that at all. I think obviously Davante (Adams) was an emerging player that the offense needed to go through, and I think you saw what he was able to do last year.

“Those are tough decisions. Those are really tough decisions. But I think for our football team at that moment, it was the right decision."

Now you can read into that however you want but IMO that can VERY easily be read as the guy in charge saying...

If I didn't make a change and make it impossible for Rodgers to continue playing favorites it would have continued and been detrimental to the team going forward.

Sorry for the weird big print. I copied the Gute quote from an article and it made the entire post in that size and I don't know how to fix if from my phone.

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

Please no I'd rather hear Mason Crossbar every hour of my life until I die instead of massage jokes

given that this board seems to have about a 50% hit rate on spelling "massage" right so far, you may have a point here.

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

given that this board seems to have about a 50% hit rate on spelling "massage" right so far, you may have a point here.

I'm guessing it's mobile keyboard error to be fair. Mine REFUSES to let me Swype it.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Something I dont understand..................

This bit about AR being pissed at MM for passing on him and selecting Alex Smith.

MM was the OC at SF when they drafted Smith #1. Since with does an OC get credited with selecting ANYBODY on draft day?
Did MM support the drafting of Smith? Well, I didnt read any of it at the time....it was SF after all.....but since when would an OC diss the player his organization just selected #1?

What am I missing here??????????????????????????

It seems like a HUGE non-issue to me....and again, I repeat.....maybe Smith WAS a better QB at the time they were drafted.

There was rumors iirc that basically he was telling the team he thought Alex was clearly better yada yada. 

Not gonna lie, that would bother me too. Maybe I'm an egomaniac though. Old lady calls me a narcissist daily.

21 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'll leave this here.....

Asked at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month if he regretted cutting Nelson last offseason, Gutekunst replied, “I think there’s always times you look back and (question yourself), but in that particular instance, no, I don’t regret that at all. I think obviously Davante (Adams) was an emerging player that the offense needed to go through, and I think you saw what he was able to do last year.

“Those are tough decisions. Those are really tough decisions. But I think for our football team at that moment, it was the right decision."

Now you can read into that however you want but IMO that can VERY easily be read as the guy in charge saying...

If I didn't make a change and make it impossible for Rodgers to continue playing favorites it would have continued and been detrimental to the team going forward.

lol. thats reading so far in between the lines slanted against rodgers.

you must love political news article websites CNN.Com and Breitbart.com

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

There was rumors iirc that basically he was telling the team he thought Alex was clearly better yada yada. 

Not gonna lie, that would bother me too. Maybe I'm an egomaniac though. Old lady calls me a narcissist daily.

First - cant say if those rumors have any truth to them.
Second - I'll repeat it - AGAIN - when drafted perhaps Smith WAS the better QB. Potential's a great thing - but I seem to recall AR wasnt exactly lighting it up in the beginning. Back then - the CBA didnt basically outlaw the QB school and most accounts I've heard is that AR benefited by sitting behind Favre for years.

Sick of the drama. Said I wasnt gonna comment anymore and busted my own rule.

Its 2019 and I was NEVER a viewer of Dallas, Falcon Crest or any of those other dramas.
Never thought my football team would become one. Never.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Not exactly. 

Any and everybody who has any interest at all in this story already knows exactly how those people are going to respond.

It's like in politics. If you want to bring something into question about what the president has possibly done would you bother asking the VP or his press secretary? No, everybody already knows they are going to fall along company lines.

You and I are saying the same thing, yet you are trying to disagree with me. He wrote the article he wrote to exaggerate the drama to get coverage, no one would want to read it if he looked at it from both perspectives. As a Packers fan I'm not going to lose my mind about the content because the intent of the article was determined before the first word was typed.

• Like 2